Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, I will continue to oppose Tidal as long as they keep going forward with their support of the audio snake-oil called MQA.
Strange you had any problem with the Apple TV 4k. I connected mine to my Marantz pre-pro with a Monoprice HDMI cable and everything just worked? Anyway, all's well that ends well, enjoy all that awesome Atmos music, I'm in love with their catalog.
Well, I must say that I think MQA tries to cover up the fact that its a gently lossy compression system. On the other hand, they did help popularize hi res music so that is positive.

It actually sounds fine, just overmarketed. But having said that, I am trialing Tidal and most likely will go back to PCM based apple and amazon approaches.

Well, I must say that I think MQA tries to cover up the fact that its a gently lossy compression system. On the other hand, they did help popularize hi res music so that is positive.

It actually sounds fine, just overmarketed. But having said that, I am trialing Tidal and most likely will go back to PCM based apple and amazon approaches.

I think it is a stretch to say they helped popularize anything. Ask anyone on the street what MQA or hi res music is and you will get nothing from 99.9% of the population.

People who care are a small fringe group. MQA has succeeded at annoying a large percentage of that tiny fringe group. It is a big "who cares" from me.

It is my opinion that it was... The ‘mix’ is credited to Stan Kybert - who has done some excellent Atmos work on Greta Van Fleet - The Battle at Garden’s Gate and Sigrid - How To Let Go.

I can’t see how or why he would choose to vary creatively in such a random way. Tattoo You was never announced with an Atmos mix on the physical boxset, compared to Goats Head Soup which had a mix done in advance by Giles Martin. It suggests that this was therefore hastily done to satisfy the ‘Spatial Audio’ section/crowd who notice the Atmos marker but would only be listening on headphones.
Again, Tattoo You was not an upmix. Just because it's your opinion it was or you can't see how or why he chose to vary creatively in a random way or you think it suggests something, it doesn't make it true.

It is my opinion that it was... The ‘mix’ is credited to Stan Kybert - who has done some excellent Atmos work on Greta Van Fleet - The Battle at Garden’s Gate and Sigrid - How To Let Go.

I can’t see how or why he would choose to vary creatively in such a random way. Tattoo You was never announced with an Atmos mix on the physical boxset, compared to Goats Head Soup which had a mix done in advance by Giles Martin. It suggests that this was therefore hastily done to satisfy the ‘Spatial Audio’ section/crowd who notice the Atmos marker but would only be listening on headphones.
Is the Sigrid - How To Let Go in Atmos on Apple Music?

Has the new Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood side project The Smile been released anywhere in surround?

Listening to the stereo mix, there's plenty of moments that'd sound great in 5.1/ Atmos, but I'm guessing they're still ignoring surround sound, sadly...

Has the new Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood side project The Smile been released anywhere in surround?

Listening to the stereo mix, there's plenty of moments that'd sound great in 5.1/ Atmos, but I'm guessing they're still ignoring surround sound, sadly...
Yeah, I really don't get why Radiohead continue to skip surround sound. I think their music would be a perfect fit!

Lyle Lovett, 12th. Of June, whole album on Apple Music now. Good music, good mix. :cool:
Lyle always puts out records With great production values and sound quality. One of my favorite all time surround discs is Joshua Loves Ruth, especially the song She’s Already Made Up Her Mind. Stunning work by George Massenberg.

Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

1280x1280-26.jpg

Wow, the UK almost won Eurovision with this great song!! So close! Finished a tantalising 2nd after Ukraine. But equally very happy for them to win it though... 🇺🇦

Hopefully some other contestants have Atmos mixes too?

Apple Music - SPACE MAN - Single by Sam Ryder
Tidal - https://tidal.com/browse/album/216779401

Back