Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually Atmos and 5.1 mixes are mixed from the original multitrack recordings. The mix engineer have full controll over where to place any instrument/vocal/effects and so on. Upmix is a term for using the stereo mix as the source instead. This gives a lot of limitations and usually only makes the mix a little "wider". You wil typically hear reverb and out of phase components in the heights and rear speakers, but no discrete instruments.
Thank you.
I hear quite a lot of tracks that sounds as you’ve described as upmix.

It's weird; I had added the new Sting and Lightyear soundtrack to my Library from the ATV4K last night but they never showed up in my library even though when looking at them on the computer for their playing spots would say they were in my library. So once I found them again on the main Spatial Audio page (WIn. computer), opened them to play and deleted from my library and then re-instated to the library, then they finally showed up. :unsure:

Last edited:
I'm sampling all the good stuff that has been released this week and there're unbelievably fantastic music and mixes. George Michael's perhaps shine over the others, but A-ha's Take on Me is demo material. Nothing but the Blues is much better than I was expecting and Songs About Jane is the only one (plus Sting's) that could have been much better (and Songs is miles ahead Sting's)

Back