Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying this hard rocker...

This was a positive surprise for me on a Friday when I thought there was nothing new for me. Thanks @beerking :) I like the music and the mix is really good with lots of action in the heights. Lots of vocals and guitars up there, it's maxing out my meters on some of the songs.:cool:

On McCartney's Kreen-Akrore even in just 5.1 it sounded like some of the percussion was out into the room, as perhaps it was mixed in Atmos with some real inward Objects (presence) -is that what it sounds like to others here???

and this is nice

and AWB I thought sounded a little too crispy in the high end (cymbals)

I liked "Fade Into You - Mazzy Star" American Honey also.

On McCartney's Kreen-Akrore even in just 5.1 it sounded like some of the percussion was out into the room, as perhaps it was mixed in Atmos with some real inward Objects (presence) -is that what it sounds like to others here???

and this is nice

and AWB I thought sounded a little too crispy in the high end (cymbals)

I liked "Fade Into You - Mazzy Star" American Honey also.
is the entire AWB album streaming in Atmos or just the one track "Pick Up The Pieces"?

i'm dying to hear it! how Surround-y is it? i hope its as Surroundily satisfying as the lovely old Quad! 🥰

ok great, thanks! 🤗
how is the mix? 🧐
So you don’t have that title in the UK yet?

Ha, I didn’t realize Pick up the Pieces was the only track in Atmos, ‘cause that’s the only one I listened to from the album last night. As to the mix, for some reason I’m hitting a blank on that now, I’m probably not the best person to ask on that one because I was too hung up on the crispy high end sound, I believe I may have been distracted by that. For some reason though, I’m feeling it’s not as surroundy as the old Quad. But for sure get other opinions!

So you don’t have that title in the UK yet?

Ha, I didn’t realize Pick up the Pieces was the only track in Atmos, ‘cause that’s the only one I listened to from the album last night. As to the mix, for some reason I’m hitting a blank on that now, I’m probably not the best person to ask on that one because I was too hung up on the crispy high end sound, I believe I may have been distracted by that. For some reason though, I’m feeling it’s not as surroundy as the old Quad. But for sure get other opinions!
i doubt it will ever appear in the UK since Demon control the AWB catalogue here 😔
thanks for the feedback! 🤗

Is there a bigger story about that Demon Records rights issues here, I don’t know anything about that?
not afaik, its just the Average White Band's catalogue has changed hands several times in the UK, originally AWB was released on Atlantic here as well.

the catalogue was on Sony Music around 20 years ago, The Hit Label around 30 years ago and is now on Demon Records.

steelydave will be able to advise!

Thumbs up or down on the McCartney?
McCartney II and III are well done. McCartney just because of the nature of the original recording has little to nothing going on in the surrounds on most tracks, but it does bring some stuff further out into the room. Maybe I’m Amazed sounds a little more discrete than the rest of the album, which I think is one of the only songs that was recorded at Abbey Road.

Last edited:
McCartney II and III are well done. McCartney just because of the nature of the original recording has little to nothing going on in the surrounds on most tracks, but it does bring some stuff further out into the room, and Maybe I’m Amazed sounds a little more discrete than the rest of the album, which I think is one of the only songs that was recorded at Abbey Road.
Agreed. I think I prefer The McCartney Years MCH mix of “Maybe I’m Amazed”.

The full Neil Young Noise & Flowers 2019 concert album (teased with one track a month ago) has dropped.

Discrete-o-philes needn't bother with it, or comment.
(Only ambience in the rears, not again! 🤣)

I'm digging the energy and the set list.
A balance of rockers and ballads from across the years with a few "deep tracks."

The knock on sound quality is "too much reverb."
To that I suggest a mild intoxicant and turning the volume up a bit. :smokin

Shocking news from the other forum: the streaming version is the only Atmos mix available!!

Reportedly, the blu ray video directed by Daryl Hannah (in the deluxe box or sold separately exclusively on Neil's site) only has a 2.0 mix. o_O

Back