Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are right about that. Tidal usually use the form "immersive mix engineer" if they are mentioned in the credits. No entries for this in the FM credits sadly. I wish both Tidal and Apple could add them to the credits. It gives you another search option to find mixes you like.
totally agree with you! its a great way to search for mixes that will probably be more enjoyable 👍

tbh i've become rather fanatical over the years about finding out who engineers a Surround music mix because i have firm favourite Engineers (and some i tend to avoid! 😂 )

fair enough 😎 👍

my take is that everywhere new and everybody new and everything new is all unknown to us until we start engaging with it all 🙂
Well, I only have so much time a day to listen to music, so I want it to be good music with good mixes. I try to get a ride on the E-MTB at least every other day, and there are way too much footie on the telly to watch. 😁

they can do Barney the purple dinosaur in Atmos but there's no Deep f***in' Purple!! 🤯🔫
the World's gone mad i tell thee! 🤣
I have a hard time believing that a record label would pay someone to create an Atmos mix of a 33 second children’s song. Must be some sort of computer generated mix.

Canada's Oscar Peterson get's his own commemorative Loonie on Monday.

https://www.mint.ca/en/discover/canadian-commemorative-circulation-program/oscar-peterson

img-oscar-person-cccp-loonie-rev.png

Atmos mix of his classic piano trio with Ray Brown & Ed Thigpen.

I'm wondering if they were mixed with a tilt more towards headphones; could be why they don't sound that great on an external speaker system. Just purely conjecture on my part, but could be one possibility :unsure:

Anyone listened on some good headphones? And I don't recall, are there specific Apple headphones that are supposed to be more compatible for Spatial Audio?
I use a pair of Sony WH headphones. To be honest (and I hate to say this) the Sony 360 mixes sound better to me on those headphones. But there’s much less content available.

Lots of new (and old) classical stuff dropped over the weekend. Haven't listened to any of it yet (never mind the thread title), so can't comment on any of the mixes. Here's what I'm most interested in hearing, though:

(I think that completes the Schubert symphony cycle by B'Rock in Atmos?)

Last edited:
Great find. Mix feels a bit like they left the handbrake on though unfortunately…
Actually - raising the rears makes it a bit better. I can hear some percussion elements in the heights towards the end on The Scientist too. It just seems a bit too front centric though. At least it’s a discrete mix. Warner didn’t put it through a computer on this one?! It’s just… as the lyrics from Clocks say “cursed missed opportunities”

I think folks have been raving about this one for a while, but I listened to it for the first time earlier this evening. Wow! This is a new contender for my favorite streaming-exclusive Atmos title. It really feels like you're inside a sphere or cube of sound, with discrete elements in the rears and heights. I particularly liked the shifting percussion up top in "Metal Water Wood" and reverb-y guitar floating above in "29 Years". This would make for a great SDE Blu-Ray!

I think folks have been raving about this one for a while, but I listened to it for the first time earlier this evening. Wow! This is a new contender for my favorite streaming-exclusive Atmos title. It really feels like you're inside a sphere or cube of sound, with discrete elements in the rears and heights. I particularly liked the shifting percussion up top in "Metal Water Wood" and reverb-y guitar floating above in "29 Years". This would make for a great SDE Blu-Ray!
might also send a message for contact representing ‘Lossless’ IAA-
To: [email protected]

I love this Tori Amos mix, and think this is real good too:

Back