Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@fredblue Oh my, my heart jumped. Judee Sill in atmos. BUT ONLY ONE SONG! There's a Rugged Road and not the next song The Kiss is quite the tease, oh atmos Gods.
Can someone using Tidal please tell us who has the immersive mixing credit. PLEASE! :)
I checked Tidal. Sadly no notation of the immersive mixer. Same credits as for the stereo version:
1661077455109.png

Welcome back Renegade you were missed -- (hoping Mr. Roboto and Come Sail Away return too!)
I like this mix a lot. Tommy Shaw’s solo a capella vocal front and center is eerily like he’s right in the room. And then the vocal spread when the harmony vocals come in is really cool. There seem to be guitar parts I don’t remember from listening to the stereo track all these years, could be they were always there but more buried. Same with some of the vocal takes. Really good overall. Makes me think this is an improved version of the Atmos mix that was previously available but it could be same, no way to compare at this point!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find anything about the Judee Sill atmos mix. Very strange to have access to the multis and choose that song. Hopefully it's just a single released before the rest.
The Donor has always had issues with distortion and I'm quite curious if the multis are affected or it's always been the stereo mix.

Back