Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the firehose of new releases continuously spewing into this thread, I very much appreciate when folks take the time and trouble to make recommendations and back them with comments & examples.

Thanks!

I agree too! It's very helpful when delving into the huge selection of stuff on Apple Music.

However, as I have mentioned elsewhere, with all these streaming only releases coming out, shouldn't we have polls for them as well? That would really be a big help. And as informative as the Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming thread is, it's getting crazy long!

I agree too! It's very helpful when delving into the huge selection of stuff on Apple Music.

However, as I have mentioned elsewhere, with all these streaming only releases coming out, shouldn't we have polls for them as well? That would really be a big help. And as informative as the Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming thread is, it's getting crazy long!
well i think (and i'm sure one of the poor sods, i mean Mods, who have to do all the work making the Polls etc., will confirm either way!!) its a toss-up whether to do Polls for the streaming stuff or not as some of it (not a great deal to be fair) is "here today, gone tomorrow"!? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I couldn't agree more.
But the task would be a mammoth 🦣 undertaking .
It needs a wider discussion and concensus as to how, what, who, when etc.

Maybe the Mods can make it known whether it's feasible or not.

And if they need our help in this task

well i think (and i'm sure one of the poor sods, i mean Mods, who have to do all the work making the Polls etc., will confirm either way!!) its a toss-up whether to do Polls for the streaming stuff or not as some of it (not a great deal to be fair) is "here today, gone tomorrow"!? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I believe it would be asking way too much of the Mods to take on streaming Polls that's turning into a huge box of chocolates.

I still like the idea of something like a general voting thread for some of the better (via consensus) of perhaps 20 titles each (if possible); which could be broken up by Genre. Still mashing this idea thru my pea-brain though :unsure:

Happy to help! This is my 2,600th post. I suppose it's time I did some work around here, LOL. 🤪
Maybe, as an interim measure, we could set up a marking system where we could score our posts, of a rating of between 1 and 5 as to whether its worth putting in our individual library's ...mix and content wise.

I think another thread dedicated to just "good" streaming mixes is the way to go. Having everyone periodically list the ones they've listened to at least three times or more would be very useful.

New polls for Atmos probably won’t happen. I put my idea for new polls and proposed method to auto make new releases and new automated reporting but it can’t be done (no direct access to the database allowed). So it would need to be managed manually and that’s too much work. Also moderating another few hundred threads for the usual off topics, it’s too much work.

If anyone here wants to donate to cover costs of maintaining a server, I’d consider creating an Atmos release poll outside QQ and add links here to that.

My proposal was to have 3 votes for each release (each 0 to 10)
1. Surround
2. Audio Quality (sonics, dynamics etc)
3. Content (the music itself, is it worth multiple listens)

I’d also add genre, release date, original release date

Users could then view the results by any weighting: My weighting might be 60% surround score, 30% Audio, 10% content etc. (What’s important to you)

Users can sort and filter polls like: Best Surround Jazz, Best Audio from 80s albums etc, Best Surround released in last 3 months etc

The summary reports would be built on demand (I.e always up to date)

That can’t be done on QQ.
More than happy to help with this idea .

Atmos Polls: I will probably go ahead with this but I’m busy for a few weeks. When I’m getting closer to starting I’ll start a new thread to discuss/inform and I’ll get hosting costs so we all know what’s ahead as far as funding.

I’ll call for small donations to cover hosting costs and for at least a couple volunteers to moderate what’s being posted. Maybe for help to get the release list info in Excel or similar.

I’ll do the code/database and importing the Atmos release lists to kick it off. I don’t want any funds for that. To keep it going we’ll need a trickle of cash. Usually 12 months up front. Hosting can be fairly expensive but I’m hoping I can find something decent reasonably cheaply. Probably Microsoft Azure.

(We should move these related posts to a new thread)

Atmos Polls: I will probably go ahead with this but I’m busy for a few weeks. When I’m getting closer to starting I’ll start a new thread to discuss/inform and I’ll get hosting costs so we all know what’s ahead as far as funding.

I’ll call for small donations to cover hosting costs and for at least a couple volunteers to moderate what’s being posted. Maybe for help to get the release list info in Excel or similar.

I’ll do the code/database and importing the Atmos release lists to kick it off. I don’t want any funds for that. To keep it going we’ll need a trickle of cash. Usually 12 months up front. Hosting can be fairly expensive but I’m hoping I can find something decent reasonably cheaply. Probably Microsoft Azure.

(We should move these related posts to a new thread)
Sounds really good.
I will help with server hosting funding.

I was introduced to this band a few years ago by my brother.
Liked them instantly.
I'm currently listening on my Dolby Atmos enabled 10 inch tablet...doing odd jobs around the house.
Ooh the separation with this mix.... :D

Will play it in the man cave ...laters...in true surround!!

Update: Now listening in d man cave.

Enjoying these hard rockers and with my previous comments on score marks...I'd give this one a 3 (almost a 4)
Music ..Great
Mix...Not bad at all

Last edited:
Back