Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think (and i'm sure one of the poor sods, i mean Mods, who have to do all the work making the Polls etc., will confirm either way!!) its a toss-up whether to do Polls for the streaming stuff or not as some of it (not a great deal to be fair) is "here today, gone tomorrow"!? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I vote for taking a little time for more discussions about how the music ā€œ soundsā€. Itā€™s fine to point out if thereā€™s mixes with slight use of the surrounds and heights, and warnings about fake, lazy machine ATMOS mixes, but I think there is so much more to discuss and enjoy about the recordings and mixes.

I vote for taking a little time for more discussions about how the music ā€œ soundsā€. Itā€™s fine to point out if thereā€™s mixes with slight use of the surrounds and heights, and warnings about fake, lazy machine ATMOS mixes, but I think there is so much more to discuss and enjoy about the recordings and mixes.
Agreed, but let's not dissect too much at first; we clearly need a triage approach of pass/fail as the first gate. Low hanging (rotted) fruit.

And since rating streaming immersive music has no category for packaging, what will the scale be? I notice Beerking gave Snarky Puppy a 4 or 5 but not sure what that's scaled as either.

So Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's Party just showed up on the featured albums page in Apple Music. However, I am only getting 2 songs in surround (the title track and "Weird Science"). Anybody else getting the full album?

The two songs sound great.
Those two tracks on Tidal too. They sound good, but the volume level on the title track is super low.

Back