Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nina Simone - Broadway-Blues-Ballads
Tidal - Try the TIDAL Web Player

Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald - Porgy & Bess
Tidal - Try the TIDAL Web Player

Mix by Steve Genewick. More Atmos-pheric than Atmos. I presume it's that old chestnut of recording the reverb on extra speakers and adding that to the mix.
"Atmos-pheric"--I like that as a shorthand description for Genewick's technique!

I would have loved a physical release of this, but at least we're getting a digital one...
Sigur Ros - ( )

I’ll take it either way. That Valtari mix is gold (and the Jonsi solo stuff).

If Ágætis Byrjun (god that’s a pain to type each time) and the Jonsi and Alex solo album Riceboy Sleeps get mixes, I’ll be very very happy.

Meanwhile, I’ll have to make do with this binaural live recording (which… also should get a proper release while we’re at it) of the latter.

Maybe I missed this the other day--I thought it was just the track "Weird Science" then?--but the entire Oingo Boingo album is now in Atmos [EDIT/correction: sorry--the Twitterbot misled me. The album is erroneously marked Atmos, but it's only "Weird Science" and the title track so far.]

Last edited:
But the good use of the heights helps for me. :cool:
egads! 😋 hold the phone!! 😅😱

i just checked it out again in 7.1.4 on the Computer and wow you're right!!! there is quite a lot going on in the Heights!!

you've got ("woosh" => "bangs") from left to right, synth stabs and guitar twangs all up there!

crikey.. i'm sorry i was down on the mix and your reaction to it.

i think i'm going to have to stop checking out these Atmos mixes in 5.1.2 on the Apple TV, they often don't pan out like the Full 7.1.4 on the Mac itself.. 🤦‍♀️

Maybe I missed this the other day--I thought it was just the track "Weird Science" then?--but the entire Oingo Boingo album is now in Atmos [EDIT/correction: sorry--the Twitterbot misled me. The album is erroneously marked Atmos, but it's only "Weird Science" and the title track so far.]
i'm getting tracks 2 & 9 only in Atmos here at the mo-mo 🥳

egads! 😋 hold the phone!! 😅😱

i just checked it out again in 7.1.4 on the Computer and wow you're right!!! there is quite a lot going on in the Heights!!

you've got ("woosh" => "bangs") from left to right, synth stabs and guitar twangs all up there!

crikey.. i'm sorry i was down on the mix and your reaction to it.

i think i'm going to have to stop checking out these Atmos mixes in 5.1.2 on the Apple TV, they often don't pan out like the Full 7.1.4 on the Mac itself.. 🤦‍♀️
Why don't you play 7.1.4 from the ATV as I do?

Back