Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening in Australia now, the whip cracks and synths are behind me 👍🏻
And now some backing vocals....
Geetars now....

I like it 👏🏻

I'm downmixed to 5.1 FYI
Ditto. Good summation.

This is pretty immersive for a live recording and has a great vibe - even if I don’t identify a single word (apart from track 3- which is a great starting point):

The studio version of this album also is recommended:

(posted some time ago)

Heyo, a good punk album in atmos. A real mix, too. Bad Religion is known for their vocal harmonies and they are in back and top as you'd expect, as are guitar overdubs. Interestingly, the center channel doesn't have vocals. Infected is a good one to sample for atmos activity.

Can someone on Tidal reveal the mixer?

Andy Wallace mixed the stereo version in 1994, a big deal at the time. This album was the first new release on a major label for BR, also a big deal at the time. Now Atlantic is part of Warner, so this marks another real mix for WEA. Good job, someone, haha!

Any chance someone could repost the apple link for this please (Bad Religion - Stranger than Fiction (presumably))? Not showing in my browser for some reason and I can't find it for the life of me in iTunes.

Or can anymore confirm if it is unavailable in the UK?

Cheers

HOLY COW! First time hearing of this artist, but this was getting a lot of buzz in my music circles out this morning. Wide wide mix on this one. Hints of Joni Mitchell and ambient. Apparently this is the second in a trilogy she’s doing with the first (stereo only) entry being Titanic Rising.

Poking around online it looks like it has contributions from Oneohtrix Point Never, and a harpist I love; Mary Lattimore!
Wow--this is a beautiful album. A real sleeper. And the mix is excellent. Great tip.

I mainly know this famous Renaissance choral group from its stunning Christmas album, A Wondrous Mystery, which came out on Harmonia Mundi a few years ago. (I don't think it's gotten an Atmos upgrade yet.) Not big on Renaissance music generally, but I do like William Byrd.

Lots of new classical additions today, most of which I plan to get to over the weekend. Right now, before bed, I'm listening to music from the new Cate Blanchett film, Tár, which is mostly by Icelandic cellist & composer Hildur Guðnadottir (whose compositions have also appeared on a couple of Sono Luminus discs), along with bits of Elgar, Mahler, and Bach. A very good immersive mix in the revised Deutsche Grammophon house style--which is to say: more or less full use of all channels. Apparently Guðnadottir has also done the score for Women Talking, based on the recent novel by one of my favorite contemporary novelists, Miriam Toews. It comes out in early December. I hope it gets a good Atmos mix, too!
I'm extremely excited for this one! Hildur Guðnadottir's score for the upcoming film Women Talking. Just one preview track so far:

Sheesh--a real cornucopia of interesting classical releases this weekend. Celebrated French cellist with a program of Jewish-themed works by Bloch, Korngold, Bruch, and Ravel ("Mélodies hébraïques"):

Wow--this is a beautiful album. A real sleeper. And the mix is excellent. Great tip.
It blew me away, and shot towards my favorites of the year easily. Apparently, Ben Babbitt, the musician and sound designer of my favorite game of all time, Kentucky Route Zero (a kind of interactive stage play) was also involved alongside the list in my first post. And I love the sound design of that game, it boosts a lot of the day-to-day sounds we ignore and take for granted into the forefront in interesting ways.

It’s as if she got like The Avengers of people with great sound design and made an album.

Ditto. Good summation.

This is pretty immersive for a live recording and has a great vibe - even if I don’t identify a single word (apart from track 3- which is a great starting point):

The studio version of this album also is recommended:

(posted some time ago)
I haven't listened to the live version yet, but as for the studio version, which just won a Latin Grammy for Best MPB Album: Holy active mix, Batman! (Even though it's more 5.1 than Atmos?)

Edit: listening to the live version now: much more Atmossy! And with enthusiastic audience singalongs on pretty much every song. I love it.

And great music! Very tasty Brazilian pyschedelic soul-funk. I'm her newest fan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liniker

Last edited:
I haven't really paid attention to Taylor Swift so far but she's got a ton of material in Atmos so I've been checking out her new album. A bunch of remixes for Anti-Hero showed up in Atmos this week and I checked out a couple last night. Really fun mixes with lots going on. The Roosevelt Remix turns the song into a pretty cool disco stomper.

Here's the Tidal link (I'm sure it's up on Apple as well):

https://tidal.com/album/261022646

Back