Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 20221125_182221.jpg
    20221125_182221.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Interesting--Universal France?

Of course there are also all those classic Serge Gainsbourg albums. The ones you found are more current figures, though, I guess?
Ah yes some Gainsbourg albums are in Atmos. Mylène Farmer and Patrick Bruel are not new artists, they started when Gainsbourg was finishing, but these albums are brand new releases and I would suspect they were made to Atmos, instead of being a "remaster" in Atmos. I heard if you want to be "visible" on Apple Music, you need to release in Atmos. It is a big incentive for artists.
I bought a few more speakers, need to set them up on the ceiling for a 5.14 studio but It is all working, I had to get loopback from amoeba for the 5.14 in Audio Setup to be recognized by Apple Music... weird.

Very strange. In Old Man the main guitar is on the right surround channel 🤷‍♂️
Checking this out now, I think it's kinda fun - definitely more of a quad-esque 'center of the band' experience than the old 5.1 mix. "Heart Of Gold" is nicely balanced with the steel guitar mostly in side left and acoustic in side right. I do wish they'd made more use of the height speakers though.

Back