Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the classic Dream Theater releases are not in Atmos anymore. Does this mean Apple is doing quality control and has taken them down until they get it right.
Here today, gone tomorrow. I really don’t like the fact that I may enjoy one Atmos album release, only to find it taken down the following morning. And I did enjoy Scenes from a memory in Atmos but now it’s nowhere to be seen. This is really frustrating and the number one problem I have with not owning music anymore.

Wait, there are Dream Theater albums in Atmos?! I completely missed that.

I just checked on TIDAL and found a few. Did a quick spot-check of "Scenes from a Memory" and it felt kinda uninspired, but not entirely terrible. So, for those who have listened to them all, what is your overall verdict? Are these surround mixes any good?

btw, so far, I've found:

Images and Words
Awake
Scenes from a Memory
Six Degrees
Octavarium

Wait, there are Dream Theater albums in Atmos?! I completely missed that.

I just checked on TIDAL and found a few. Did a quick spot-check of "Scenes from a Memory" and it felt kinda uninspired, but not entirely terrible. So, for those who have listened to them all, what is your overall verdict? Are these surround mixes any good?

btw, so far, I've found:

Images and Words
Awake
Scenes from a Memory
Six Degrees
Octavarium
If I recall correctly, most or all of them were WEA upmix garbage. Someone else please chime in if that’s not accurate.

Aw man, what a shame. This is some music that really deserves incredible surround mixes. What the heck.

Also, I just realized that the only album that's really complete is Scenes. The others only feature a few track each.
I know, really too bad. I’d love to have a proper surround mix of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, a really underrated prog metal masterpiece in my opinion.

Back