Listening to ...in Multi-Channel Stereo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
yeah I know there are many threads but I did not find this one...
Piping L & R in front and back is always interesting, your brain deciphers it differently ..
rips from many a year ago..
R-654506-1277222382.jpeg.jpg

Dunno why listening to the Doobies made me want to listen to..
BIG COUNTRY!!!!
Big fan of their first LP and their totally underrated second LP, Steeltown (which I just found out is an early digital recording so I am looking for a CD version...yeah, I know...ME looking for a CD!!)
(Long live Stuart)
R-369474-1177097611.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Still in a Big Country groove!!!
Got THIS CD pressing (the first one) and man , it sounds HEAVENLY!!!
R-1156726-1256315223.jpeg.jpg

Usually the LP has an "edge" with early digital recordings but this one doesn't!!!! FUnnily enough I have the LP in Madrid and it happens to be the same slab I used to play on the radio when I was a DJ in WRPC FM in PR...the program director gave me the LP...

Also going over their BRILLIANT first LP...which I found out has different title order depending on the release...

Still in a Big Country groove!!!
Got THIS CD pressing (the first one) and man , it sounds HEAVENLY!!!
R-1156726-1256315223.jpeg.jpg

Usually the LP has an "edge" with early digital recordings but this one doesn't!!!! FUnnily enough I have the LP in Madrid and it happens to be the same slab I used to play on the radio when I was a DJ in WRPC FM in PR...the program director gave me the LP...

Also going over their BRILLIANT first LP...which I found out has different title order depending on the release...
OK, color me ...confused in the mid 80s!!!!
Was putting away the CD and taking it out of the "early" jewel case (with about 8 pins in the middle to grip the disc) and found out that the SPARS code on this is
DAD
...huh???
NO WONDER!!!!
and early Digital recording that was MIXED to ANALOG!!!!!
How´s THAT for weird????
I really don´t remember any discs like this...I know there must be a few like this..but...funk-ee!!!

Proof...top right corner
R-1156726-1256315155.jpeg.jpg

R-2277462-1578752415-3800.jpeg.jpg

Today marks the FORTIETH anniversary of one of the greatest concerts I have ever seen: Saga at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente, San Juan PR....the opening band were FM...the story for this concert is that I got 2 tickets and was waiting for my girlfriend; I got there early and got a GREAT seat in the center front row on the top floor, which had the best view and sound, but my mother in law had other plans so my lovely girl never arrived...bottom line is that WE met again last year and got married!!! Ahhh, life is VERY interesting...(the Mother in Law is STILL giving us hell but she LIKES me now!!! ...he who laughs last...is the slower thinker???)
The B&W pic (from the Worlds Apart LP)in the center is from that night and I am sure that , if I got a better resolution pic I would be there cause I would up on that right corner...
R-1734035-1524338751-7269.jpeg.jpg

Back