Listening to in STEREO headphones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
yeah I know this is a QUAD forum...but Stereo headphones give you a "sorta 3D" mix ...my Marantz has a "Virtual" option but the Stereo one is the most solid....
Of course my speakers are my trusty Sony MDR-7506....
AND . since I just serviced my TT at home, here I am Phil and Mike (Tony, you can keep getting drunk with that Man in the Corner...)

Does NOT sound bad...a bit noisy but , alas, maybe I can do some horse trading with the seller who was "unaware" that he was sending me a CRC pressing....

WOW...have NOT heard this LP in AAAAGES (..only been a year , Roger...)

R-2769874-1427268964-2317.jpeg.jpg

Floating on the ionosphere right now...(with PortOrleans Bucktown Brown and some Tullamore Dew XO)
"Blackbeard" On the original Fontana LP pressing of...
R-264576-1194818607.jpeg.jpg

gorgeous Liz, Robin and Simon!!!!

Reactions: j9
This is one MONSTER compilation...how this went over my head when it came out I have no idea...just having "Sound Chaser" in 76 with Moraz is worth the price of admission...The Bruford tunes are amazing... listening to "America" now...
R-8549006-1463841148-3155.jpeg.jpg

My usa pressing sounded very muddy (early digital recording...SPARS code is DAD) and the German CD sounds way better...decided to get a Japanese pressing which was sealed...

when I received it I saw that it had some factory scratches- weird for a japanese pressing- but still, I was majorly pissed off!!!
Finally decided to spin it and thankfully enough it did not affect playing...MOSTLY!!! I MUST SAY that this pressing is heavenly, it will only need a few minor click repair and it is pressed on virgin vinyl!!!

Attachments

• 20201013_16550478.jpg
    20201013_16550478.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20201013_161502.jpg
    IMG_20201013_161502.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 137
ABWH live in Japan...found this somewhere...it was such a letdown when Levin was not present on the "official" live video cause I saw them in Hartford (or Providence) and the Bruford - Levin section was a sight to behold (especially TLEv playing a light gray carbon molded Stick..which I can hear him playing on CTTE!!!) glad I found this...

Is that maybe because it was one of the ones Jeff Berlin covered for Tony?
I know that An Evening of Yes Music Plus by ABWH has Berlin on it.

Found this KILLER Jean-Luc Ponty band gig online!!!!

Jean-Luc Ponty: electric violin, keyboards
Allan Zavod: keyboards
Jamie Glaser: electric guitar
Joaquin Lievano: electric guitar
Ralphe Armstrong: electric bass
Casey Scheuerell: drums

Orpheum Theater
Boston, Mass.
October 20, 1978
"London Wavelength Concert Hour" FM broadcast

runtime: 44:00 (minutes/seconds)

1: intro :29
2: cosmic messenger 4:58
3: the struggle of the turtle to the sea 13:37
4: ethereal mood 4:47
5: wandering on the milky way 8:34
6: egocentric molecules 8:42
7: new country 2:53

lineage:
FM broadcast (pre-recorded) >
Sansui 8 reciever with wire antenna >
unknown reel to reel recorder @ 3.3/4 ips >
rarely played Maxell UD 90 min. 7" master reel >
played on tascam 112 into soundforge (wav) >

(cause I can't sit sown nor stand up for a long time cause of my BLESSED back!)
found this online too...featuring Gail Ann Dorsey on bass and OMG back vox

TEARS FOR FEARS

Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, CA
07 December 1995

KFOG Live Radio Broadcast
( mis-labelled as being a soundboard from the Warfield Theatre in San Francisco on May 7, 1996 and presented this material in incomplete form and out of context. )
01 Bill Evans intro
02 Sorry
03 God's Mistake
04 interview
05 Raoul And The Kings Of Spain
06 Falling Down
07 interview
08 Creep
09 Elemental
10 Break It Down Again
11 interview
12 Don't Drink The Water
13 Sowing The Seeds Of Love
14 interview
15 Shout!
16 interview & wrap up

(BUMP ....Really??.. am I the only one who sometimes listens to headphones in this forum????)
Listening to a 2018 Rhino Half Speed Rerererererereremastering of Genesis' Wind and Wuthering which has all kinds of Hi Frequency EQ/compression but it brings out a lot of the album's details...I don't think it's as bad a Nick Davis' butchered/unlistenable/ear fatiguing remixes, though...
What a great fucking record this is...

a rare rare find, to quote Nick himself... a rip from a UK FIRST pressing which wipes the floor compared to any rereremasters (I think the master is lost). This should be the official release.
R-4968730-1438612392-2488.jpeg.jpg

got a very early pressing which is probably the noisiest slab I have ever heard...ClickRepair barely touched it and RX7 had to go almost at full blast to make it sound decent but, to the point...
I am not extremely familiar with Serrat's ouvre but I believe that this is a MASTERPIECE...
What I believe happens whenever I play this is that my beloved Mother (Rest in Peace) sits down with me every time I listen to it since this is probably her favorite record.. and I wound up with tears in my eyes.. AND A SMILE!!!!
Bless you, Mom!
boqueron.jpg

I used to have this on LP but it "disappeared" from my collection...got a great rip from a friend...had not listened to this in FOREVER, it's way better than I remember...very "Genesis" but also very "Phil"..saw him at the Tower Theater, Philly on the 10th of December 1982, the SECOND show, he did not have much of a voice left by then but, as usual, he is a great showman... I remember him bringing out the props for "Through these walls": the living room lamp, the table and glass, and him wearing a robe...great show!
Mi0yMjY0LmpwZWc.jpeg

EDIT:
Duude, I just noticed that it was credited as having been recorded on a 1" 8 Track!
LTcwNzEuanBlZw.jpeg

Back