• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to NOW..FLAC download

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JanBakker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I admit, this particular download sounds very strong. To my ears, sounds better than 1984 download...which I assumed would be killer. Oh well...just my ears though...
I think you're right about 1984, it sounds a bit thin to me too or is it my expectations that were too high :confused:.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Listening to ZZ Top - TEJAS (FLAC 192 from Acoustic Sounds)

Pretty pure sound.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yeah, I didn't really mean Michael Anthony....just bass in general. Very weak...too bad.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I do have a remaster somewhere around the house. Guess I'll have to get it out for comparison...
I got this West German pressing and I'm happy with it...it's definitely not compressed...it could use some "touch ups"on some areas to make the sound a little cleaner...but for a CD I'm happy with it..it gets played more than some of my hi rez discs...maybe you even have that version...here is the picture below..it's called a "target" disc..with the red highlights

here it is

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK - I'm not quite listening to this...but will be in about 10 minutes.....downloading the 192khz FLAC file now. :banana:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK - I'm not quite listening to this...but will be in about 10 minutes.....downloading the 192khz FLAC file now. :banana:

Initial impressions are this......the quieter moments (there are a few) sound very good. Once they crank up the wall of sound...it does tend to get a little screechy. Too much treble.....unfortunate....because the other parts sound pretty damn good.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The Association Greatest Hits (Flac 192 khz)

I'm very, very pleased with the audio quality of this. Excellent purchase!!

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm tempted to "buy" Dusty In Memphis MONO... The 10% off code is newarrival

update: Oh, no, I just bought jriver since I couldn't find anything else that runs on a mac ... well at least I had a coupon for $10 off

I downloaded a cheap one: Fun. Some Nights 24 bit 44.1 khz

(Let me know if you find something with more bass than this. This one shakes the house.)

Attachments

Last edited:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just purchased Simon & Garfunkel 192 FLAC Greatest Hits. This sounds very good......better than the CD I have...

Scarborough Fair sounds excellent...this is such a timeless classic....I can't describe the feeling this song brings to me......

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just purchased Simon & Garfunkel 192 FLAC Greatest Hits. This sounds very good......better than the CD I have...

Scarborough Fair sounds excellent...this is such a timeless classic....I can't describe the feeling this song brings to me......
Yea, 15% off on HD Tracks right now with coupon HDMAY12. I guess that's where you got it?

So, how's the bass?