Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should clarify. I've been disappointed in downloads from HDTracks, etc. I enjoy all of the Bandcamp & surroundmusicone stuff I've purchased.
Interesting, I have not tried those. It sounds like they might be good? Is cost, quality available music the same as HDTracks?
I noticed before that I was a little happier with Acoustic Sounds.

Interesting, I have not tried those. It sounds like they might be good? Is cost, quality available music the same as HDTracks?
I noticed before that I was a little happier with Acoustic Sounds.
Neither site are pushing mainstream titles (mostly not), but they are my go to site for multi-channel stuff. Quite a bit of ambient, electronic fusion stuff.

I love all my John Mellencamp, this one from HDTracks sounds great at 24/96. DR's are 8's, 9's, 10's & 11's.
I remember years ago I read about his view points on certain subjects and he said people just need to "connect the dots". I think of that all the time when I think of different things.
R-12044647-1527173522-5763.jpeg.jpg

I really like these "Bears Sonic Journals" recordings done by Owsley Stanley. These live recordings are so well done, even with little hiccups, here and there, and tape reel changes. If you ever get the time to purchase a few it's worth it.
Here is the link to the foundation-Bears Sonic Journals
Listening now to early what would become Hot Tuna, 24/192 with DR's of 14's, 15, 16's & 17.
R-13008271-1609563323-9830.jpeg.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Unfortunately, as has been posted by others previously on the forum, Acoustic Sounds is no longer in the download sales business.
Yes, I was aware of that and I know they are working on it. I am sure for the Owsley Foundation, that was a big blow. I think the Ali Akbar Khan came out days before AS closed digital downloads.
I believe it is still a great foundation to support any way anybody can.
This is what there website currently says about there download situation.

Digital Downloads
Please note- Acoustic Sounds has discontinued hosting digital downloads.
As a result, we are in the process of setting up a new vendor for High-Resolution Digital Downloads of the Bear’s Sonic Journals releases. We apologize that the 96kHz/24bit and 192kHz /24 bit FLAC and ALAC files will be unavailable until we can complete that process.

Yes, I was aware of that and I know they are working on it. I am sure for the Owsley Foundation, that was a big blow. I think the Ali Akbar Khan came out days before AS closed digital downloads.
I believe it is still a great foundation to support any way anybody can.
This is what there website currently says about there download situation.

Digital Downloads
Please note- Acoustic Sounds has discontinued hosting digital downloads.
As a result, we are in the process of setting up a new vendor for High-Resolution Digital Downloads of the Bear’s Sonic Journals releases. We apologize that the 96kHz/24bit and 192kHz /24 bit FLAC and ALAC files will be unavailable until we can complete that process.
Yes, thanks to receiving a heads up on the forum I was fortunate enough to purchase downloads of Hot Tuna and Ali Akbar Khan before AS closed up shop. I also have the disc versions of the Bear's Sonic Journals' Doc Watson recordings, albeit in 44.1/16 format.

ZZ Top's first live album, 1975's Fandango! 24/192. DR's are 11's, 12's, 13 & 15.
View attachment 63242
I may dip into some of those boys from Texas; but I just feel like 96/24 would do it for me for this power trio. Fandango is first half Live and second half studio stuff. Thinking also about Degüello
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max/desc?artist=ZZ+TOP&album=FANDANGOhttp://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max/desc?album=Degüello
and I've been having a real bad ear worm from Rod Stewart's "(I Know) I'm Losing You" off of "Every Picture Tells A Story", which has better DR than some other sources (but not always the prime indicator for sound IMO.)
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max/desc?album=Every+Picture+Tells+A+Story

Another exceptional FLAC release, 1972's All Directions by The Temptations. 24/192, DR's are 9, 11's, 12's, 13, 14.
That bass line intro of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone, will take you to another place.
R-12623335-1538810957-4305.jpeg.jpg

I have had a lot of versions of 1970's The Who -Live At Leeds including the first LP that had a note, "Crackling Noises O.K., Do Not Correct!"
LP label:
R-4501716-1366669617-9425.jpeg.jpg

But my favorite version is this HDTracks FLAC, 24/96 with DR's of 10, 11's, 12's, 13's and 14. Really has good punch to it.
My Generation at 7 mins in really fucking gets it on. And then at 14 mins, oh my, heaven.
R-9119597-1475109091-5090.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: GOS
My Whitesnake Red, White & Blue now complete. All are 24/96 with DR's, yes of course you guessed it, mostly 5's and 6's, but what the heck, they sound good to me and been a Whitesnake fan since self titled release.
R-16165829-1604587757-3936.jpeg.jpg
R-15495690-1594132286-4558.jpeg.jpg
R-17485477-1613816643-2668.jpeg.jpg

Released 2/19/2021 as a FLAC download, 24/96. DR's are 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's and Aretha's voice is a 100.
This music will be on the upcoming National Geographic Special Anthology.
81N0Mm8MjbL._SY355_.jpg

Back