Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, you sold me beerking.
Eolian Division 5.1
Reflection Club, Still Thick As A Brick ... no idea when I'll get the media

eolian.jpg
reflectionclub.jpg

I hear the wife coming up the steps, better log out of paypal. ;-)

Zappa continues. Orchestral Favorites 40th Anniversary. Great info and liner notes by Joe Travers and Terry Bozzio. This release has the orginal 1979 remastered 6 tracks which is a polished instrumental release. But the star of the show is the 2019 release of the full recording 13 tracks. Stereo 24/96, DR's are 11's, 12, 13's, 14's, 16.
Live At Royce Hall (UCLA) Sept 18 1975. Highly historical, great sounding Zappa release.
R-14064318-1567153046-7905.jpeg.jpg

Zappa In New York, released 1977,released as FLAC stereo 24/96 download in 2021. Five files/discs, DR's are 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's roughly between the 5 Live files. I may get tired of Joni Mitchell, but I can keep listening to Frank Zappa a long time.
R-3733966-1342217029-4947.jpeg.jpg

marpow.....it sounds like you really like those low DR numbers. :unsure:
Well, what's a poor boy to do? I very rarely let a number tell me what I shouldn't or should listen to. To be honest sometimes they matter and sometimes they don't. I listen to so much music all the time, home, car, work I like to use the numbers as just a tool, no more no less. The DR numbers when high always validate real good recordings, when they are low it can be hit and miss.
I was in Jamaica once having a blast, listening to MP3, from my two 1/4" speakers on iPhone that was in a bowl, sounded fantastic. Music and enjoyment first, numbers second. :unsure: Back at ya.

I find some of the lower numbers somewhat tolerable and, unless I switch or add a record player and vinyl, I’m stuck listening and appreciating what I have just to hear the recording which, depending on disc, can be unfortunate. I was just curious though in your Postings on the DR. (y)

I find some of the lower numbers somewhat tolerable and, unless I switch or add a record player and vinyl, I’m stuck listening and appreciating what I have just to hear the recording which, depending on disc, can be unfortunate. I was just curious though in your Postings on the DR. (y)
Good point. I read about the live Norah Jones on Discogs and the CD has a DR avg 8 (same as Flac), whereas the vinyl has a DR avg 12. But one post down another cat says he got his brand new vinyl and he had to send it back because wasn't trimmed correctly.
With 24 bit FLACs there is a better chance of a lower DR sounding better than the 16/44.1 CD even when they have identical DR's. I find all my digital downloads have a softer sound that shows up mostly in the low end, bass and drums. The Live Norah Jones being an acoustic set does not get harmed as much as say a Hard Rock recording with DR's of 6's and 7's.
I know some on QQ like to ask, what is the Dynamic Range, and if it does not meet there criteria, they will not purchase. I have never understood that.
I post the DR's per track for myself and for others so that they may like that, or not.
Take a look at Audio Fidelitys Hybrid Stereo SACD Blue Cheer Vincebus Eruption with a DR avg of 10, very respectable for this hugely overdriven hard rock album, but it is still harsh to listen to, Comparing blue Cheer and Norah Jones should not even be in same sentence, but it came out of my head.

Back