Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the finest stereo FLAC's in my entire collection and I highly recommend.
The World Is A Ghetto: 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition, Available in Audiophile 96kHz/24bit
HD00602537251094_185.jpg

Nils Landgren Funk Unit - Funky ABBA (ACT, 2004) 96/24

Funk, R'n'B and Hip Hopish in the right doses. At times you can also feel the Red Hot Chilly Peppers influence. I also quite dig the album cover. It's honestly telling the listener it's a strange animal.

Give it a try and see if you start shakin' you ass. La question c'est voulez-vous... :)

R-1638748-1325608177.jpeg.jpg

Listening now to Wings Over America, Disc 3, Live from the Cow Palace technically in Daly City which borders San Francisco and owned by Department Of Agriculture. A once frequently used venue for tons of musical groups, Circus, ice and horse shows, now used for a random weed or tatoo show, lots of memories, probably will be torn down before I die.
This is a 24/96 stereo FlAC (download card) from the Wings Over America box set.
71dDiaOtF1L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
Nils Landgren Funk Unit - Funky ABBA (ACT, 2004) 96/24

Funk, R'n'B and Hip Hopish in the right doses. At times you can also feel the Red Hot Chilly Peppers influence. I also quite dig the album cover. It's honestly telling the listener it's a strange animal.

Give it a try and see if you start shakin' you ass. La question c'est voulez-vous... :)

R-1638748-1325608177.jpeg.jpg

Now, that is one cool cover. haha

This a new great purchase for me, great music and little commentary from jazz greats between each music track. I will watch the movie this weekend, Birth Of The Cool, which I have not seen yet. This stereo FLAC at 24/48 is outstanding, a Miles Davis Greatest Hits from 1949-1950. This music from the 2019 film.
HD886448046387_185.jpg

Brand new, stereo jazz at 24/96, actually a very enjoyable release, modern, has a little taste of what Steven Wilson, Marillion, might do.
Pat Methany, From This Place.
HD075597924381_185.jpg

Listening now to the new remaster of Porcupine Tree In Absentia, stereo 24/92, purchased yesterday from HDTracks.
A little weird and I don't know why, but as of this writing it is no longer available from HDTracks?
It sounds great, good bass and midrange, sharp and punchy, I like it.
mail.png

I heard the HD tracks off In Absentia at a friends place, sounds so much better than the original CD. I don’t think it had to do with higher bitrate but simply a better mastering, way more defined sounds and air in between.

Oh and not even HD tracks seem to be able to spell his name properly!

24/96 Kill Em' All, actually pretty good, not that there is a huge difference between my RBCD and this digital download but seems softer on the ears. I can listen at a touch higher volume easy on the ears. It seems that way by listening to both it felt like I could go farther on the 24 bit without getting ear fatigue. I don't want to go farther and get ear fatigued so I can't say for fact. Also this version is called remastered so that could make a difference.
HD850007452162_185.jpg

Now the other new HDTracks release Hardwired...To Self Destruct, really hard to tell the 24/44.1 vs the 16/44.1. Plus I am not as familiar with this as Kill Em'All as I played it to death, but I do have the RBCD for comparison. I would say if you have the CD no sense in buying this unlike Kill Em' All. Problem is you just can't listen to a 30 second sampling of random tracks, you really have to listen with headphones and work or walk around and see what one gives you ear fatigue. I would bet on the new 24 bit release but what do I know. DR values are super low 5's and 6's in both the versions are equal in DR.
HD850007452230_185 (1).jpg

Listening now to the remastered 24/96 stereo new release from HDTracks (DR's are 9's and 10')s.
I have the Japanese disc with UK Bonus tracks also. (DR's are 11's and 12's).
I think I like the new HDTracks a little better.
This album from Metallica has much controversy about how it was engineered, you can read about it for yourself if you want.
It might be my favorite Metallica. When the CD first came out I had a Ford Bronco with a super driven stereo system and big custom sub woofer and this disc really lit thinks up.
I really good Metallica album in whatever version you have. Notice the artwork has a little more green than original.
HD850007452131_185.jpg

This album from Metallica has much controversy about how it was engineered, you can read about it for yourself if you want.

View attachment 47977
When I saw them on this tour, for the first encore Jason didn't come out. They called him out and he said (pretty close to a quote) 'why bother, you can't hear me on the fucking album' and then they broke into la bamba which was obviously a hoot.

Listening now to the new remaster of Porcupine Tree In Absentia, stereo 24/92, purchased yesterday from HDTracks.
A little weird and I don't know why, but as of this writing it is no longer available from HDTracks?
It sounds great, good bass and midrange, sharp and punchy, I like it.
View attachment 46568

It's back there now, and is in my cart while I wait for a valid discount code.

Back