Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Atmos to be seen,only 360 Reality Audio.The app try to push a lot of shit Norwegian music on me.:mad: Are you able to show a picture of how it looks in the app?My app is in Norwegian,and I can't find a way to change it.:cautious:

No Atmos to be seen,only 360 Reality Audio.The app try to push a lot of shit Norwegian music on me.:mad: Are you able to show a picture of how it looks in the app?My app is in Norwegian,and I can't find a way to change it.:cautious:
Can you try to search: „Dolby Atmos Music“?
This worked for me. Important is the word „Music“

Screenshot_20200630-035530_TIDAL.jpg

Okay, rather than separate posts, here is a list of very good Atmos tracks on Tidal, that I've played tonite... :cool:

Keane: Is It Any Wonder?

Keane: Somewhere Only We Know

Jessie Reyez: Figures

Alessia Cara: Ready

Jim James, Teddy Abrams, Louisville Orchestra: Walking In The Snow

Sam Smith: Fire on Fire

Gregory Porter: Mona Lisa

Jonas Brothers: Strangers

Sister Hazel: All For You

Bing Crosby: Let It Snow ( Yes it really is Bing!!)
Sister Hazel? Nah! Gonna look for that today!

I got it working on my 4K fire stick, finally. Initially I thought for some reason they were providing a way to do it on the pc. I didn't wanna pay MS for it (Dolby Atmos drivers for pc) so I switched to the fire stick.
But the app on the fire stick is a little kludgy.....after the screen saver came on I had a hard time getting back to any sort of menu, other than hitting the home button and exiting Tidal.
Still, it's interesting enough and I even found myself listening to some hip hop and even Yikes! Jonas Bros. The fidelity overall wasn't disturbing, though there was one song that had all the dynamics of a howler monkee shrieking. It was in the minority, however.

Which version of the application are you running? In Spain the latest one I have is 2.27.2.999. And no Atmos option as per your screenshot
I think that's the issue. When I first logged in on my phone the app pointed out that I have an Atmos phone and to go check out Atmos.
Maybe that's the issue, but on my phone that does not support Atmos I can see the Atmos playlist and look for any Atmos track. That's what I did when I created the playlists for the difference mixers, I made a full search for tracks mixed by Genewick, for example, and was able to see the Atmos symbol attached to the relevant tracks.

After my mishap with my phone today,I tried a little more on the Firestick and found several albums I haven't found before.Among them Norah Jones and Coldplay.

I wish the Pat Benatar offerings were better. I love her, her singing and her songs but this atmos did not do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back