Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Kraftwerk 3D you have been dethroned as the greatest atmos music bd. This will top the polls I predict.

Track 3 sounds like Deadmau5 which is a good thing and he beat him to the bd release, DM has been playing and promising atmos for too long, this album is more house than the previous too techno one, song 6 great, but song nine takes the cake of best panning top speakers in history.
I banged on about how Booka Shade embraced Dolby Atmos with their first release.
Well they have topped that with their second release.
Its uses Dolby Atmos exactly what it should be used for, 360 degree music!!
It must be the Germanic attention to detail which gets these boys in the right groove.
As for toppling Kraftwerk, that is a tall order but not impossible, as it's that good.
Just gotta give them the Atmos surround thumbs up...👍

Prince 1999 When Doves Cry. Really adventurous Surround mix. Fun!
The track I've played the most on Tidal is Riders of the Storm,The Doors.It's one of my absolute favorite songs of all time,and in Atmos it really kicks ass! :cool: The definitive version for me.

Great tracks! :phones My faves from Tidal are some of the classics too. Marvin Gaye, Elton John, Temptations...

I put them together in this playlist -
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/057ae1d2-4a29-46ac-984d-0d40a7518744
My all time Atmos so far is still the Kraftwerk 3D. That stuff is off the scale. Some of the best surround you'll ever hear! On the blu ray there's some cool videos to go along with the music as well... 📺

The Bond film might be delayed but at least we have the song now, in Atmos none the less!

Billy Eilish - No Time To Die

Cover.jpg

Not too bad - there's defo some stuff going on around the room. Sounds a bit like a mash up between Michael Jackson - Earth Song and Pendulum - Watercolour... :D

John Lennon - GIMME SOME TRUTH now available to stream in Atmos on Tidal...
https://tidal.com/browse/album/156880514
It's not super discrete but has a really good sound. I'm going to wait for my lossless BDA to turn up (hopefully soon) and then listen to it properly. :phones
Wow, very well spotted! Listening to it right now, thank you very much

Have you tested if you have all 4 height speakers active on this Atmos mix?Been some controversy about this mix,some getting only FH and others just RH. :unsure:

Have you tested if you have all 4 height speakers active on this Atmos mix?Been some controversy about this mix,some getting only FH and others just RH. :unsure:

My first question has to be ....are you getting the full Atmos effect from your front and rear speakers?

Yes, I do have output from all 4 ceiling speakers. I can reach the rear ceiling speakers fairly easily, but I needed a step ladder to touch the speaker cone of the front height speakers. There is also an obvious difference in the sound field if you switch between Dolby Atmos and HD-MA 5.1.

1602276962994.png 1602277056607.png 1602277135436.png

IIRC, I chose Front Heights and Rear Heights for ceiling speaker layout so that I could play back Auro 3D titles as well as Dolby Atmos

I only have two overheads (5.1.2 system), and I'm getting sound out of those just fine, FWIW.

A couple of the more recent Atmos albums made me think they'd finally fixed the volume problem, at least going forward. Gimme Some Truth is a giant step back--it seems quieter than any other Atmos album or track on Tidal that I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back