Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have two overheads (5.1.2 system), and I'm getting sound out of those just fine, FWIW.

A couple of the more recent Atmos albums made me think they'd finally fixed the volume problem, at least going forward. Gimme Some Truth is a giant step back--it seems quieter than any other Atmos album or track on Tidal that I can think of.
I'm with you on the volume on this.Had to go to -10 for this,usually I'm on -12 to -15 for Tidal Atmos and -25 to -30 for the disc based music.

image.jpg

I'm with you on the volume on this.Had to go to -10 for this,usually I'm on -12 to -15 for Tidal Atmos and -25 to -30 for the disc based music.

Same for The Replacements, Pleased to Meet Me. It's as if Tidal heard everybody saying "Hey--you need to raise the volume on these Atmos tracks by 10dB or so" and responded, "What's that? We need to lower the volume by 10dB or so? Okay, you got it."

Anyone had the chance to listen to the Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary in Dolby Atmos yet?

Sadly Linkin Park decided to release it exclusively on Amazon Music and I don’t have the Echo Music HD, only the Fire TV Stick 4K which allows for the use of Atmos on Tidal, but not here...

Anyone had the chance to listen to the Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary in Dolby Atmos yet?

Sadly Linkin Park decided to release it exclusively on Amazon Music and I don’t have the Echo Music HD, only the Fire TV Stick 4K which allows for the use of Atmos on Tidal, but not here...

Damn, that's really annoying... 🙄
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B08F36X64N
Maybe it'll come to Tidal at some point? Looks like they opted against a Blu Ray as well... At the moment you can only get pseudo Atmos through the Echo Studio. Hopefully Amazon will open up more Atmos playing options further down the line...

Last edited:

Hope, hope, hope it lands on Tidal at some point...

Dear Future Self... You'll wonder why things suck so bad right now but you need to know this album is ALL RIGHT. :D

I like the 2-channel mix as well. The kick drums seem to hit harder on some of the tracks (both in the home theater and on my Carver ribbon speakers so I don't think it's my imagination). The binaural mix is definitely better on headphones than the regular 2-channel mix, but at least for my head, I only hear occasional sounds outside my head (unlike a sound effects one I have called Aldebaran that does a fantastic job of putting almost everything outside my head including a haircut and blow dryer that feels like there's really someone cutting my hair. I could almost feel the sensation of hot air with the blow dryer. Don't get me going on the bees landing in my ear track...ack!)

(Kraftwerk 3D is on the way from Amazon UK along with Schiller's Morgenstund and more Booka Shade - Galvany Street, all in Atmos.)

Meanwhile, I just got Lichtmond 2 - Universe of Light in today, completing my 3D Lichtmond collection (Only #4 - The Journey is in Atmos, but #3 Days of Eternity is awesome in Auro-3D as well). Lichtmond 1 & 2 are 7.1 mixes so I'm curious how Neural X and DSU will handle them.

Just finished the Dolby Atmos IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING. Totally awesome!

That's not a good review -- when the poll is up, I'll add some details. Warning: if you crank it up, be aware that the "Make a Hit Waxing" on the same blu ray is MUCH louder! I am not exaggerating :censored:.
So in order to listen to the court of the crimson king in Atmos it's 150 euros? No cheaper way? I only like I talk to the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back