Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

About a year ago I build Atmos system in my appartment and started to listen to all Dolby Atmos music content on Tidal. I liked it so much that I decided to upgrade my Stereo audio recording studio to Dolby Atmos. And here is my first Dolby Atmos mixed album on Tidal! This is Bagpipe and drum music group AULI from Latvia. Check it out! :) Try the TIDAL Web Player
Visapkart TIDAL Atmos.jpg

About a year ago I build Atmos system in my appartment and started to listen to all Dolby Atmos music content on Tidal. I liked it so much that I decided to upgrade my Stereo audio recording studio to Dolby Atmos. And here is my first Dolby Atmos mixed album on Tidal! This is Bagpipe and drum music group AULI from Latvia. Check it out! :) Try the TIDAL Web Player
View attachment 62605

Welcome to QQ, Kaspars--and congratulations on the new album! I'd love to hear it, but after trying Tidal for several months, I gave up on it and ended my subscription. (Lots of others are sticking with it, though. You can get a sense of what people here like and dislike about Tidal on this thread.)

Do you have any plans to release your album in a physical format, or as an mp4 download?

Thank you Humprof!
I am not a big fan of Tidal as well. But it looks like the only place to stream Atmos at the moment. I have not heard Amazon HD version of Atmos, but I don't believe that Echo Studio speaker can deliver the same as full Atmos system.
We have no plans to release album in physical format becouse I don't see any chance to sell it and eran back an investment.
Do you know some place where we can publish mp4 for download?
Anyway here is a link for mp4 download from my home cloud Visapkārt Atmos
These ar just Dolby Atmos Exported mp4 straigt from renderer with black screen. I was able to copy these files to USB stick and play back from XBOX one X to Denon reciever..
Will be happy to hear what you think! :)

About a year ago I build Atmos system in my appartment and started to listen to all Dolby Atmos music content on Tidal. I liked it so much that I decided to upgrade my Stereo audio recording studio to Dolby Atmos.

Hi and welcome. Would love to hear more details about the studio upgrade to Atmos, I am interested in same.

If you like, please start a new thread and include details such as speakers used, mounting details, and what you use as/for a 'monitor controller'. Also interested in the computer hardware, audio interface, and digital audio workstation (DAW) software and version of Dolby Atmos renderer etc. Else please feel free to message me!

Thank you Humprof!
I am not a big fan of Tidal as well. But it looks like the only place to stream Atmos at the moment. I have not heard Amazon HD version of Atmos, but I don't believe that Echo Studio speaker can deliver the same as full Atmos system.
We have no plans to release album in physical format becouse I don't see any chance to sell it and eran back an investment.
Do you know some place where we can publish mp4 for download?
Anyway here is a link for mp4 download from my home cloud Visapkārt Atmos
These ar just Dolby Atmos Exported mp4 straigt from renderer with black screen. I was able to copy these files to USB stick and play back from XBOX one X to Denon reciever..
Will be happy to hear what you think! :)

Very generous of you to share, and I look forward to listening! (My high-school girlfriend was the daughter of a Latvian immigrant, so I have a soft spot for your country's culture....)

Bandcamp allows vendors to sell multichannel music, but they don't make it easy--which is to say, your customers won't be able to download directly from Bandcamp in the same way that they would with stereo FLACs or mp3s. How it typically works is that Bandcamp collects the money from the sale, then you email the customer and provide them with a download link to your own cloud storage.

Another option might be ImmersiveAudioAlbum.com.

Listening now to Abbey Road, Atmos. Stunning.
Until I figure out how to rip (the easy part) and play (the hard part) my collection of Atmos discs, I think I will get a shoe box and put all the discs in. I am used to just playing from JRiver my library and I get to lazy to pull in and out the Atmos discs from the box sets, so if I pull them out it and put them in a shoe box will be easier to pop them in the player.
R-14191596-1570076415-3664.jpeg.jpg

Listening now to Abbey Road, Atmos. Stunning.
Until I figure out how to rip (the easy part) and play (the hard part) my collection of Atmos discs, I think I will get a shoe box and put all the discs in. I am used to just playing from JRiver my library and I get to lazy to pull in and out the Atmos discs from the box sets, so if I pull them out it and put them in a shoe box will be easier to pop them in the player.
Does JRiver support playing back BDMV folder structure? If so, just rip the disc to a hard drive and play back that way. If not, I find the easiest thing to do is just playback the .m2ts track (my Sony X800m2 doesn't support mkv). If I want to skip around, I create an .m2ts track for each song. If JRiver supports MKV, you could create an MKV file with chapters.

Does JRiver support playing back BDMV folder structure? If so, just rip the disc to a hard drive and play back that way. If not, I find the easiest thing to do is just playback the .m2ts track (my Sony X800m2 doesn't support mkv). If I want to skip around, I create an .m2ts track for each song. If JRiver supports MKV, you could create an MKV file with chapters.
Thank you, I know the ATMOS files have to be MKA and JRiver does not do yet. I am thinking along the lines of what you say, I rip to MKV and then separate (tag) with MMH into MKA. Then store either on my PC hard drive or an attached external hard drive, HDMI out to my AVR which would pick up the Atmos encoded file? I think?
I know if I give HomerJau a call he could straighten me up in a second.

Thank you, I know the ATMOS files have to be MKA and JRiver does not do yet. I am thinking along the lines of what you say, I rip to MKV and then separate (tag) with MMH into MKA. Then store either on my PC hard drive or an attached external hard drive, HDMI out to my AVR which would pick up the Atmos encoded file? I think?
I know if I give HomerJau a call he could straighten me up in a second.
I use an external HD attached to my Sony UBP-X800m2 to play ATMOS encoded .m2ts files and they play no problem. I just have to make sure I set it to look for video files. In contrast, I can't get ATMOS (or TrueHD for that matter) when playing those files with an HD connected to an AVR or TV. If JRiver can play .m2ts files, I would start there. Since my players have never supported mkv, I've never used it.

Last edited:

Jriver supports BDMV playback. Or at least MC24 the one I use does. And it plays Atmos enabled tracks in...er... "Atmos" admittedly it then requires plugging my PC and or Laptop into my Home Theatre amp, but it absolutely works. I use the same settings as mentioned in this post to playback Atmos from BDMV and MKV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back