Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had the chance to listen to the Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary in Dolby Atmos yet?

Sadly Linkin Park decided to release it exclusively on Amazon Music and I don’t have the Echo Music HD, only the Fire TV Stick 4K which allows for the use of Atmos on Tidal, but not here...
I’ve listened to Hybrid Theory today on Tidal. A very nice surround mix. It really opens up the sound of the original CD. Punchy drums and much better instrument separation.
Highly recommended! What a surprise!

Last edited:
Glad I haven't tried it yet because I just got two month trial for $6, realizing that my NVidia Shield Pro (2019) supports Atmos on Tidal.

Just spent 30 mins going through some HipHop, 70s, 80s, 90s, Alternative, etc.
Hybrid Theory sounds really good, also enjoyed Everyday Life in full Atmos (having listened recently to the 5.1DD+ files), Jagged Little Pill, Weezer, Norah Jones, Elton, REM, The Weeknd, fun!

What's frustrating is, I would gladly pay an appropriate per album amount for several of these mixed into Atmos, including the Elton albums I already have on SACD (would love some of the other ones too like Blue Moves), Alanis, Linkin Park, Weezer, Coldplay, etc. Please let me spend money! It's unlikely I would keep paying $20/month after this trial is over for lossy Atmos streaming. Wish there was a way to stream and capture the files.

Tom Petty,Wildflower and all the rest ,Tidal Atmos.:SB Sounding absolutely wonderful.:cool:
Yeah it's a great Atmos mix on this. Fantastic album. Great singer. Possibly the best Atmos release from streaming so far....Another one that was an Amazon exclusive and missed the uber expensive boxset...
https://tidal.com/browse/album/181611721

Last edited:
Yeah it's a great Atmos mix on this. Fantastic album. Great singer. Possible the best Atmos release from streaming so far....Another one that was an Amazon exclusive and missed the uber expensive boxset...
https://tidal.com/browse/album/181611721
The only thing I miss is the live songs which is a part of this set on Spotify.I have never heard him sounding so good on any record.

How did you find it? Was it just by chance?
I wonder if there could be any other mixes buried in Tidal's DB that we have not been able to locate yet due to absolute lack of promotion (Franco Battiato"s being another example)
When I'm to play Tidal Atmos from my Firestick,I always scroll down to a playlist called "available in Atmos" to check if I still have Atmos. :cautious: And there it was first in the list!:cool:

How do you get that link? Is the result of a particular search?

I looked into that link and I miss, at least Steven Wilson The Future Bites Atmos, Suzanne Ciani LIVE Quadraphonic Atmos. That I still access to them from 'My Music'
Yes, I've tried to search for new albums additions within Atmos or something like that... I've noticed SW missing too, but I have no explanation. Been checking the list since last year and it seems pretty stable overall though.

Yes, I've tried to search for new albums additions within Atmos or something like that... I've noticed SW missing too, but I have no explanation. Been checking the list since last year and it seems pretty stable overall though.

Did the entire SW album ever appear on Tidal? I thought it was just a handful of tracks in the run-up to the album release.

@Old Quad Guy - there is a very big thread with a bunch of info here: Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

The thing with Tidal is that the Atmos list looks different dependent on if the app recognizes your system as Atmos-capable or not. My phone happens to be, so the lists I see within the app or different than if I looked at my laptop or something. Likely, your Roku won't show you the Atmos songs if your receiver can't do it. Mine sort of can. I had to download and install an upgrade with a thumb drive because it's a weird pre-Atmos but sort of Atmos-capable receiver that I can play with 2 height channels. Maybe yours can be upgraded/updated?

I think we've all had our own version of the flawed service. Hopefully it's just the beginning, and some other company starts streaming surround. Or, you know, selling files!

@humprof confirming 9-song Wilson album on Tidal. I used a new email and started a new free trial for 30 days... :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back