Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8A68A4FB-1F7F-4700-B74A-2609B9922B43.jpeg

Interesting song writing credits.

Don't think running the Apple TV 4K thru my oppo 205 and out via 5.1 analog is going to work (didn't think it would) but will need a new AVR to get the Atmos going 🤬

*Apple TV 4K and ROKU stick into switcher via HDMI, then into oppo HDMI input.

View attachment 70427

hiya Mister Pupster 🤗 fwiw i was getting ATV4K Atmos squished down into nifty 5.1 with my old non-Atmos AVR.. Tidal'ed me over nicely 'til the Ammy-Jammy-Yammy came 💦 :p

How?

I don't see any option to run Atmos (even down mixed) in the ATV4K Audio setting's menus.

I don't think you need to change a setting, but it is Settings -> Video and Audio -> Audio Format -> Dolby Atmos

Off forces 5.1 for non Atmos receivers but if it isn't Atmos capable I believe it just does the 5.1 output anyway.

I don't think you need to change a setting, but it is Settings -> Video and Audio -> Audio Format -> Dolby Atmos

Off forces 5.1 for non Atmos receivers but if it isn't Atmos capable I believe it just does the 5.1 output anyway.
From the Video and Audio -> Audio-> Audio Format->
it's either

OFF- for Uncompressed multichannel LPCM
or
ON - for Dolby Digital 5.1

I get Stereo for both and...
Dolby Atmos is nowhere to be found.

OFF UNCOMP. MC LPCM.jpg

DD5.1 ON.jpg

I'm also wondering if it could be how the oppo is running the Audio; I get good 5.1 on the Apple TV shows etc. but on settings-
From the Video and Audio -> Audio-> Default Audio Output

I only see an option for "TV Speakers"
Is your software up to date (tvOS 14.7)?

I'm Dling 14.7 now, I had 14.5, not sure that's the issue but we'll soon see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back