Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Oh Please Please Do Freddie Blue! I read your Poll comments and could hardly believe it BTW 😜
oops.. from those Poll comments it looks like i feel the same about the album as i did 9 years ago! 😂

tbh i'd take any one of his 70's albums over "Midnight Love" and wish more of his Motown tracks were in Atmos/5.1, many of them are so layered they could do with the Multichannel treatment.

the "Midnight Love" Surround mix is fine in Dolby Audio, it even has some fun panning around bits but it all sounds a bit brittle and kinda clinical and almost like it was done on the cheap (the original recording i mean not the mix)

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
oops.. from those Poll comments it looks like i feel the same about the album as i did 9 years ago! 😂

tbh i'd take any one of his 70's albums over "Midnight Love" and wish more of his Motown tracks were in Atmos/5.1, many of them are so layered they could do with the Multichannel treatment.

the "Midnight Love" Surround mix is fine in Dolby Audio, it even has some fun panning around bits but it all sounds a bit brittle and kinda clinical and almost like it was done on the cheap (the original recording i mean not the mix)
Perhaps, but I relate it to what else is up there in the Apple Music Spatial Audio stuff (like Hip-Hop/Rap, modern Rock 🤧) and it's a breath of fresh air for me.

IMachine

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

CINERAMAX

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Thanks so much, but I do not get a button option to add to my library this is sooo frustrating.

perzon57

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
What I have to do after clicking a link,is sign out and then in again.
Then it apears in my language and can add it to my list.

perzon57

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Doing so got me the Marvin Gaye and Motown but the last 2 is in German or Dutch, not even an option to log in. This is unnecessarily complicated!!
I have no problem with the German ones, maybe becouse we both are in Europe?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Doing so got me the Marvin Gaye and Motown but the last 2 is in German or Dutch, not even an option to log in. This is unnecessarily complicated!!
Are you running an Apple TV 4K box Peter, or just on Tidal?

I'll be going over a few things on the Apple UI I've discovered and hopefully some feedback from others to try and get around in there easier (but on the other Apple Atmos thread.)

perzon57

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Sorry, sorry, I meant not available in 5.1! They only play in stereo, no sign of the Dolby logo (I'm listening to Dune now and thinking only about Atmos)
All play in 5.1 here, what software are you on? Was some talk about problems with a beta version.