Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

pat bateman

QQ Supporter

I keep waiting for a hip-hop producer to use Atmos to do something really interesting with the sound design. Still waiting.
I agree, I had yet to hear a hiphop/rap atoms mix that impressed me until Outkast ATLiens came out with their 25th anniversary last week. Disclaimer - I may be slightly biased because this was one of my favorite albums from high school.

Here is another one that isn't really hiphop/rap, but sometimes bleeds into it. Fantastic Album IMO.

Sal1950

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Sheryl Crow - All I Want To Do.
Good 5.1 type mix, lot's going on in rear channels.
Not much up top AFAIKT

perzon57

QQ Supporter
For some reason your links/lists wont let me save to my Library, they only say "preview" and play partial songs; what's that about?
When have these links in Apple Music on my PC, they also show "preview", Then I sign out and then in again, and the I can add them. Always works for me.

temporaryhuman

I agree, I had yet to hear a hiphop/rap atoms mix that impressed me until Outkast ATLiens came out with their 25th anniversary last week. Disclaimer - I may be slightly biased because this was one of my favorite albums from high school.

Here is another one that isn't really hiphop/rap, but sometimes bleeds into it. Fantastic Album IMO.

Fantastic Negrito is truly fantastic.

Soul/pop/r&b

Superb Atmos mixes. I would love to buy this one on Blu Ray.

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Second both of those recommendations!

woody

The link here to Fantastic Negrito just plays lossless. (Albeit it does sound pretty good up mixed through Dolby surround.)

I was enjoying this one last night:

Added tracks BOYHOOD and ADULTHOOD to my favourite Atmos tracks playlist.

Attachments

J. PUPSTER

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Supporter
Moby - Reprise
Apple TV 4K (5.1 for me)

* Shame this isn't out in physical form, it's an instant buy for me in surround .... only if!

The mix is nice but not too crazy.
for instance the song "Natural Blues" (Featuring – Amythyst Kiah, Gregory Porter on vocals) has only some percussion (snare etc?) in the center channel but vocals seem to be coming from center via phantom center. The rears are mainly orchestral strings (Budapest Art Orchestra.)

1632329829750.png

perzon57

QQ Supporter
Moby - Reprise
Apple TV 4K (5.1 for me)

* Shame this isn't out in physical form, it's an instant buy for me in surround .... only if!

The mix is nice but not too crazy.
for instance the song "Natural Blues" (Featuring – Amythyst Kiah, Gregory Porter on vocals) has only some percussion (snare etc?) in the center channel but vocals seem to be coming from center via phantom center. The rears are mainly orchestral strings (Budapest Art Orchestra.)

View attachment 71654
This is a fantastic album in Atmos. It has been out for a while, first on Tidal and now on Apple Music.My favorite songs are Heroes and The Lonely Night.

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is a fantastic album in Atmos. It has been out for a while, first on Tidal and now on Apple Music.My favorite songs are Heroes and The Lonely Night.
@haikubass posted on another thread, a couple of days ago, about this one being slated for a BDA release:

perzon57

QQ Supporter
@haikubass posted on another thread, a couple of days ago, about this one being slated for a BDA release:
I may buy it if it's a standalone BD for a fair price,if not I'm happy with streaming it. :cool:

J. PUPSTER

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Supporter
woops, hey, I already saw that and forgot, so sure, will be buying that one then!

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
When have these links in Apple Music on my PC, they also show "preview", Then I sign out and then in again, and the I can add them. Always works for me.
I've done it and it worked for me also.

OTOH I keep getting in trouble with Apple. I absolutely HATE trying to search/find anything with the 4K remote and the Apple 4k box. So I log into my account on my PC to do my searching and then put what I find in a playlist or my library, then go listen to it with my 4k box.
Shortly later I get a nasty email from Apple thinking I have more than 1 user in my account and wanting me to pay for a family connection.
That part of it sucks.

Ick

Since 2002/2003
Is it just me or are The Bee Gees songs no longer available in Atmos?

Ick

Since 2002/2003
I just checked and they say they are (didn't actually listen, but "Get Info" shows "Dolby Atmos". So maybe just you?
i just tried the links that the other members posted and they no longer show as Atmos. I had these saved in a playlist and none of the BG songs work. All my other Atmos songs play fine.

Oh and I’ve checked on my iPhone and AppleTV 4K and neither work.

Cheezmo

600 Club - QQ All-Star
i just tried the links that the other members posted and they no longer show as Atmos. I had these saved in a playlist and none of the BG songs work. All my other Atmos songs play fine.

Oh and I’ve checked on my iPhone and AppleTV 4K and neither work.
Listening to them all right now and all still in Atmos. No idea what your issue is.

Last edited: