Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first listened to this I said “ doesn’t sound like ATMOS“. Probably because it’s source is a quad mix? Very discrete at that, but there’s nothing coming from the height speakers, but it’s labeled as ATMOS on Apple Music? What?
You are correct. That will teach me to think it was, as it's such a darn good mix that I thought it must be!!
In fact, it's one of the most discrete mixes I've played via Apple Music, it just fills my man cave with listening pleasure.
But strict Atmos it ain't.

THIS IS WHAT I GET THE MOMENT I CHOOSE USA I GET A NON ATMOS PROMO PAGE.
View attachment 73126
It looks like you play yours through your computer setup. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with that type of setup so I am not sure what you need to do - maybe someone else here with a similar setup can help. I play back mine through my Apple TV 4K.

Sorry the experience isn't smooth for you.

Not really I read this thread for links, 40% the links work and I am able to add it to my library, many times I get the screen asking for the country and there is no add option on that screen, if I confirm usa it takes me to a completely Atmos unrelated title promo page. Most of those above in this page were NO GO'S.

I had tried a little different method the other night for finding some Atmos in Apple TV; since there seems to be Atmos buried in places hard to find. Went to the generic Apple Music page, and browsed through (I believe it was a Soundtrack or Film Scores?) different genres and would play each song for a second, then go backward to the list to see if it was labeled as Atmos, then repeat. I did find a couple, and one was the original Star Wars soundtrack. But could use some verification from others here.

This is a really good mix.

I'm ultimately familiar with this album as in 1989-90 this guy hands me a demo tape, says it's Pearl Jam, they're gonna be huge.

View attachment 73031

I spent many an hour trying to rip that tape to my PC, listening every step along the way.

then I sold the demo tape on ebay for what I thought was decent money. I shoulda held out and had it to this day, but I got the rip :cool:

Not to nitpick, but I am going to nitpick. It wasn't 1989 or most likely also not even 1990. The band didn't even form until the latter half of 1990 and played their first ever show in October of 1990. And they weren't called Pearl Jam then either. They were still Mookie Blaylock.

That nitpick aside, is the demo you had the Gossman Project stuff? That would be the music they demoed on the side while recording Temple of the Dog with Stone, Jeff, Mike and Matt Cameron (from Soundgarden at the time). A few tracks from that Gossman Project stuff is what ended up on a tape that made it into the hands of Eddie Vedder in San Diego. He wrote lyrics to a few songs and that demo is called Mamason. Or is the demo you have like of the album Ten once they started to record that in earnest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back