Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schiller - Morgestund

05339A6D-A696-493A-9F91-7DE8049035EC.jpeg

Thanks for that summing-up, Eric. (Tidal ought to hire you...)

Wish I cared about more of these artists, but you can't please all the people all of the time, and more is always better.

I like Gregory Porter, Fantastic Negrito, and Diplo, and the mixes on the latter two are really good.

I've heard the mix streaming on Tidal. It's a good one--think Kraftwerk 3-D.

Since I'm not equipped for ATMOS, I only wish they had dispensed with the Headphone 3D binaural mix and instead included a DTS HD MA 5.1 remix. But as you said in a previous post, humprof "You Can't Please EVERYONE."

My only caveat with Dolby Labs aggressively pushing ATMOS is alienating all those surround enthusiasts [like myself] who probably will not upgrade to ATMOS and Amazon's ECHO studio and various soundbar's inclusion of ATMOS, IMO, fail to address the complexity of a TRUE ATMOS set~up, which, if I understand, is adding a minimum of 4 ATMOS height speakers for MAXIMUM 'impact' NOT to mention the hardware upgrade!

As we saw with the recent ATMOS only Stones' GOATS HEAD SOUP BD~A release/controversy, there is a wide skepticism that by NOT including a DEDICATED 5.1 remix, something IS lost in translation which does NOT bode well for the future of SURROUND....since even convincing the average joe to upgrade to 5.1 has been an uphill battle!

Last edited:
Sorry, Kraftwerk 3D you have been dethroned as the greatest atmos music bd. This will top the polls I predict.

Track 3 sounds like Deadmau5 which is a good thing and he beat him to the bd release, DM has been playing and promising atmos for too long, this album is more house than the previous too techno one, song 6 great, but song nine takes the cake of best panning top speakers in history.

Attachments

• booka.jpg
    booka.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 75
Sorry, Kraftwerk 3D you have been dethroned as the greatest atmos music bd. This will top the polls I predict.

Track 3 sounds like Deadmau5 which is a good thing and he beat him to the bd release, DM has been playing and promising atmos for too long, this album is more house than the previous too techno one, song 6 great, but song nine takes the cake of best panning top speakers in history.
I have this,and like it a lot.Good mix,but the last 3-4 tracks are just fill stuff.Kraftwerk is 34 tracks and 3,5 hour of music,I'll take that for value. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back