Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what happened to the songs missing from the Blu Ray though? -

No Woman, No Cry - Could You Be Loved - Buffalo Soldier (and not as important bonus tracks) - Easy Skanking - Punky Reggae Party

I can't explain the absence of "Buffalo Soldier", but there were issues with the other four tracks on the 5.1 Blu-Ray as well--presumably due to missing multitrack tapes.
  • "No Woman, No Cry" - studio cut from Natty Dread used in place of the more-famous live version
  • "Could You Be Loved" - upmix from stereo
  • "Easy Skanking" - alternate take
  • "Punky Reggae Party" - alternate take

I can't explain the absence of "Buffalo Soldier", but there were issues with the other four tracks on the 5.1 Blu-Ray as well--presumably due to missing multitrack tapes.
  • "No Woman, No Cry" - studio cut from Natty Dread used in place of the more-famous live version
  • "Could You Be Loved" - upmix from stereo
  • "Easy Skanking" - alternate take
  • "Punky Reggae Party" - alternate take

Huh. So in the intervening years, maybe the alternate take multis were also lost? (In a certain fire, for instance?) That wouldn't explain why they couldn't include the album version of "No Woman," though (or of "Buffalo Soldier"). Or why, as a last resort, they couldn't have just "upmixed" all four tracks from the 2014 5.1s.

Yeah but now, I just have the unit for Atmos, a combination of pause and clicking on the right side of the pad could do it.

There really isn't a skip forward or backwards on ATV. Just scroll up or down the list of tracks or use the trackpad to slide right and select the next song in the "play queue"
I'm not sure if this is the 'skip forward' that we're talking about here, but you should be able to click on the right or left part of the 'pad' (touch surface) on the remote -- this is the next/previous function of the remote. (I emphasized click, because you have to click, not just touch on the square pad/touch surface.)

Last edited:
these are your only two options on ATV remote

A02A4FB7-9545-4BE5-B133-1D675CC8DCCC.jpeg

That seek/jump 30 or 10 seconds on a 'Press' is true when watching movies, example Itunes Movies, Netflix.
But with Music applications, it skips to the previous / next song on an album or playlist.
I just tried it with:
(1) Tidal ( I'm using an old version -- I haven't updated my version and I'm not planning to since it's working fine).
(2) Apple Music - I just started the 3 month trial in anticipation of the Atmos launch :)

Edit: You can also hit 'Pause', and drag/swipe to move the cursor to any point/time on the current song (Tidal and Apple Music), then hit pause/play again to resume.

Last edited:
That seek/jump 30 or 10 seconds on a 'Press' is true when watching movies, example Itunes Movies, Netflix.
But with Music applications, it skips to the previous / next song on an album or playlist.
I just tried it with:
(1) Tidal ( I'm using an old version -- I haven't updated my version and I'm not planning to since it's working fine).
(2) Apple Music - I just started the 3 month trial in anticipation of the Atmos launch :)

Edit: You can also hit 'Pause', and drag/swipe to move the cursor to any point/time on the current song (Tidal and Apple Music), then hit pause/play again to resume.
I am going to try this soon, thanks! Crossing fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back