Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Mayer fan looking forward to this. Hope the Atmos mixes show up on Tidal when the album comes out. None of the released Atmos tracks so far from it have....

Going to have to do with Spotify for now….just started to listen. Got a feelin I’ll be going to bed late !

I’ve listened to John Mayer, “Sob Rock” straight through on Spotify, just checked Apple music & it’s available now, in wonderful Dolby Atmos !
On one listen, I love this album, already. His music is so immediately instant !

Second track, “Shouldn’t Matter But It Does”…..just beautiful…..

Last edited:
Another Mayer fan looking forward to this. Hope the Atmos mixes show up on Tidal when the album comes out. None of the released Atmos tracks so far from it have....
Damn, it's in Tidal but in 360 RA. Not unsurprising given John Mayer is on Sony. I wonder how Apple are able to licence this to Dolby Atmos?

Yeah agree with the others - John Mayer - Sob Rock - this is a fantastic new record! Really love the retro '80s vibe. There's elements of Toto, Dire Straits, Hall & Oates... Loving the cool vibes. Actually really refreshing in an ironic sort of way. And it's in surround, wow! :cool:

JM SR.jpg

Apple Music - Sob Rock by John Mayer
Tidal (360 RA) - https://tidal.com/browse/album/190744232

Yeah agree with the others - John Mayer - Sob Rock - this is a fantastic new record! Really love the retro '80s vibe. There's elements of Toto, Dire Straits, Hall & Oates... Loving the cool vibes. Actually really refreshing in an ironic sort of way. And it's in surround, wow! :cool:

View attachment 69075

Apple Music - Sob Rock by John Mayer
Tidal (360 RA) - https://tidal.com/browse/album/190744232

I listened till 2am & on repeat this morning before 8am. It’s really got that Toto vibe in places & the production is top notch, which you’d expect.

As I posted in the early hours, “Shouldn’t Matter But It Does” has to be one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard, but I don’t think it needs the expletive. I think something like “dam” would have fit better ?
It’s just a wonderfully melodic album, which makes you feel all kinds of emotions. It’s going to be on repeat for days / weeks.
This album alone is worth the Apple subscription, because it’s music & an artist I love. Can we have more John Mayer in Dolby Atmos, please….& the entire Toto catalogue, too !

Last edited:
Question guys, given that more and more albums in Dolby Atmos will start surface through Apple Music, and less and less through physical media, shouldn't they have their own poll and thread?

Cool interview where he really breaks down what he was going for.

I listened till 2am & on repeat this morning before 8am. It’s really got that Toto vibe in places & the production is top notch, which you’d expect.

As I posted in the early hours, “Shouldn’t Matter But It Does” has to be one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard, but I don’t think it needs the expletive. I think something like “dam” would have fit better ?
It’s just a wonderfully melodic album, which makes you feel all kinds of emotions. It’s going to be on repeat for days / weeks.
This album alone is worth the Apple subscription, because it’s music & an artist I love. Can we have more John Mayer in Dolby Atmos, please….& the entire Toto catalogue, too !
The song that’s doing it for me is ‘I Guess I Just Feel Like’. Really has a Mark Knopfler / Ray Lamontagne vibe to me. Very tasteful bluesy guitar licks. Love it.

Trying to catch up with you guys.
From my 4KFire Cube I have Tidal and can play Atmos. Biggest problem is finding music. The Atmos album list was bigger last time I looked, still plenty of Atmos Playlists. I will re read your guys Tidal Finding Atmos suggestions.

My question is: Can I download Apple Music with the Fire Cube? I was able to download Apple+ for video, movies, etc, but can't seem to find the music part. Are they two separate apps?

Trying to catch up with you guys.
From my 4KFire Cube I have Tidal and can play Atmos. Biggest problem is finding music. The Atmos album list was bigger last time I looked, still plenty of Atmos Playlists. I will re read your guys Tidal Finding Atmos suggestions.

My question is: Can I download Apple Music with the Fire Cube? I was able to download Apple+ for video, movies, etc, but can't seem to find the music part. Are they two separate apps?

It's possible to use Apple Music on Fire devices--through a roundabout process that involves Alexa. (Google "can you play apple music on fire stick" and you'll get variations on the same set of instructions, including one from Apple.)

BUT: as far as I can tell, you can only access spatial audio (i.e., Atmos) on Apple Music if you're using one of Apple's approved devices--which do not include Fire cubes, sticks, or TVs.

It is really a pain to find Tidal Atmos Titles.

What I did: from the Mobile TIDAL app, looking for the artist. Then I select "All Abums" and browse through them, but the Atmos title Does Not Appear.
I go back to the previous screen and "Top" is selected. Then I change to "Albums" and select again the artist and browse. Now I find the Atmos title, and add it to "My Music".

Then from Fire TV 4K I can find it in My Music and play in Atmos in the Home Cinema.

The link is this: Try the TIDAL Web Player

Tidal tells me the album has been removed. I tried setting my VPN to a couple other countries and got the same. I think I’m about done with Tidal. When I first signed up, on the Home screen, I got a list of Atmos albums, now it’s nearly impossible to find them. My Home list is nothing but videos now. I thought Tidal was a music service…

Tidal tells me the album has been removed. I tried setting my VPN to a couple other countries and got the same. I think I’m about done with Tidal. When I first signed up, on the Home screen, I got a list of Atmos albums, now it’s nearly impossible to find them. My Home list is nothing but videos now. I thought Tidal was a music service…

I just checked and I'm able to play this album complete in Tidal Atmos from Spain: Try the TIDAL Web Player

As it has been said before, this is not the music style I use to like, but I can enjoy with the good sound and this Atmos mix. Or it is a way to try to amortize the Tidal Subscription.

That’s where it tells me that the album has been removed. I tried it again after setting my VPN to Spain, same thing. It’s probably not music I’d normally listen to either, so I‘m not going to spend too much time on it. It’s just typical of the Tidal experience today, waste a bunch of time trying to find an atmos album that you probably won’t like but can’t find it anyways. I may give Apple Music a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back