Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly Adam

They don't stream exactly the same Atmos tracks as Apple, as of yet.

If only this searching for new 'Spatial Music' wasnt like looking for a needle in a haystack, sometimes!! :rolleyes:

Good job we got fellow QQ'rs on the case.

I used to use the automated microphone set up but found it wasnt to my liking, so just play it by ear now....:D

think YSBD was under a different album, not the SNF OST? a compilation iirc, i will check in a bit.

deffo "play it by ear again!" as ol' Humph would say, if we dug him up and reanimated his corpse, maybe :LOL:

Kraftwerk - 3-D (The Catalogue) disc 1, Dolby Atmos
kraft.jpg

Norah Jones : "Come Away With Me"
(Dolby Atmos, Apple Music, Apple TV 4K, 5.1.2 config.)

wow.. this sounds absolutely incredible!!! 🤯😍
it feels like a new mix compared to the old SACD, maybe? 🤔 although its been quite a while since i played the SACD as it was a bit underwhelming back in the day, this still isn't a knock you over the head surround-a-thon but it works big time with little bits popping up in the back and other things peppering the room here and there pretty much the whole time.. detail and clarity of her voice is absolutely stunning, even her sometimes spitty vocal technique's captured on esses and such, as cliché as it sounds it really is like she is in the room with you, the effect would almost be eerie if it wasn't so pretty! everything sits comfortably in the mix and feels natural while still being an engaging listen. really impressed! 🥰

190AA90E-E383-45C1-A638-ECE5646EC1A8.jpeg

Edit: The whole album is here in Atmos!? Double WOW!! 😱💘

Last edited:
Donna Summer : "Bad Girls" & "Sunset People"
(Dolby Atmos, Apple Music, Apple TV 4K, 5.1.2)

Good Lord this disco queen sounds fantastic!!!! in Atmos!! 🌈🤩 loads of fun use of the Rears, almost like an old Quad mix! i'm not sure much if anything is coming out of the Front Heights on "Sunset People"? the Centre too is a bit mute! 😂 maybe i have it setup wrong! 🤔 probably, its early days in my Atmos diddlings after all.. but wow this is stuff i've been longing to hear in Surround for so long and it's been done brilliantly!! ❤️

7DFCFEA1-7CA9-4643-B095-FCF70F78AB94.jpeg

Peaches & Herb : "Reunited"

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! 🤯😱 This just popped up after Donna's pair of crackers -- and sounds spectacular!!! 🥰😘❤️

Pinch me, i'm dreaming at these Atmos riches. I've heard the future folks and this is it 💘😍

50D648FA-9C62-4040-859C-420EC782BF38.jpeg

Diana Ross : "I'm Coming Out"

Front Heights used nicely for trumpets and things, Rears have suitably drummy and jangly accompaniment type stuff. do the Front channels make you horny baby!? i dunno but its a good job i burst out of that closet years ago is all i'll say! (i was running out of room in the closet due to all those Diana Ross and Donna Summer records cluttering up the place anyway!) haha!! 🤣😂

06FC345D-12B5-4568-B865-EDE5A36989AF.jpeg

Peaches & Herb : "Reunited"

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! 🤯😱 This just popped up after Donna's pair of crackers -- and sounds spectacular!!! 🥰😘

Pinch me, i'm dreaming at these Atmos riches. I've heard the future folks and this is it 💘😍

View attachment 69891

Oh no, please don't tell me I need to go down this rabbit hole? o_O

Front Heights used nicely for trumpets and things, Rears have suitably drummy and jangly accompaniment type stuff. do the Front channels make you horny baby!? i dunno but its a good job i burst out of that closet years ago is all i'll say! (i was running out of room in the closet due to all those Diana Ross and Donna Summer records cluttering up the place anyway!) haha!! 🤣😂

View attachment 69892
Is that a playlist you made yourself or discovered?

View attachment 69892
Adam
Welcome to the world of Dolby Atmos!!

Although I feared you were going to have a coronary with your excitement!!

I've been banging on about this wonderful 360 sound, ever since my old lugholes first heard this transformation, in surround sound.

This ain't snake oil, this is for real.

:QQlove

Donna Summer : "Bad Girls" & "Sunset People"

Good Lord this disco queen sounds fantastic!!!! in Atmos!! 🌈🤩 loads of fun use of the Rears, almost like an old Quad mix! i'm not sure much if anything is coming out of the Front Heights on "Sunset People"? the Centre too is a bit mute! 😂 maybe i have it setup wrong! 🤔 probably, its early days in my Atmos diddlings after all.. but wow this is stuff i've been longing to hear in Surround for so long and it's been done brilliantly!! ❤

View attachment 69890
Yeah great Atmos mixes on those, they sound ace... 🥳 "Last Dance" is also available in Atmos and has a great mix too. I think they were mixed by Dustin Richardson.

Donna Summer - Last Dance (Apple Music)
Donna Summer - Last Dance (Tidal)

Here's a handy guide to keep you going! :D
How to Dance Disco 🕺🏼

Adam
Welcome to the world of Dolby Atmos!!

Although I feared you were going to have a coronary with your excitement!!

I've been banging on about this wonderful 360 sound, ever since my old lugholes first heard this transformation, in surround sound.

This ain't snake oil, this is for real.

:QQlove

thank you!! it feels good!! 💘🥰
no snake oil for sure!! 💦😝 this is the real deal, i've heard some absolutely wonderful tracks already and i've only just started! 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back