Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearl Jam Ten wasn’t playing in Atmos for me in the US even though it showed up in new spatial audio list. Can anyone confirm it’s playing in atmos? Is it whole album?

Pearl Jam Ten wasn’t playing in Atmos for me in the US even though it showed up in new spatial audio list. Can anyone confirm it’s playing in atmos? Is it whole album?
Yes. I can play every track of TEN in Dolby Atmos. I played a few seconds of each track. Then, started the album over. I’m listening to Alive now. So far, it’s not bad.

Wowzers! What a pleasant surprise. 🙂

I was only able to hear a very brief sample of a few songs this morning - but it seems to follow the same blueprint as Gigaton where the mix starts off quite tame and gets more interesting as the album progresses?

Anyway, great to have albums like this in Atmos! There were some nice surround moments at the beginning of Black and Jeremy.

Can’t wait to have a proper listen… 😎

OK I'm on it now "The Heart That Never Waits"; very center channel centric, with some light use of the rears of BU Vox, guitar licks, keyboards, but overall sounds very muddy and compressed, I bet the CD of this one will be smashed. Hey I'm not not trying to be negative here, just the facts as I hear 'em folks 🤷‍♂️

On the plus side, his albums with "Rock Candy Funk Party" are fairly smashed but somehow end up sounding decent regardless.
I’ll have to give the single another listen. Good feedback though!

Let it Be (the song) is here, hope the link works:
https://music.apple.com/es/album/let-it-be-2021-mix/1582219768?lsAnd it's fantastic.
Wowzers!! What a cool day for surround - I thought things were released on a Friday? Bodes well for tomorrow... Could make a bit more use of the rears? But after half way they come in more prominently and has a nice ending. Very clean sounding, almost like Macca is in the room. And I had just ordered the boxset before I saw this. Think the blu ray will sound ace... :cool:

Also just popped up on Tidal as well...
https://tidal.com/browse/track/194835076

The Facebook post mentions:

Now streaming: “Let It Be (Giles Martin Mix)” + “Don't Let Me Down (First Rooftop Performance)” + “For You Blue (Glyn Johns Mix)”

Where are the rest?

Let It Be

(Atmos, Apple, 5.1.2)

subtler Surround than i'd like perhaps but still superb!

A776C7AC-35C9-4FFB-80CE-66975400C7E3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back