Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be the 2002 5.1 mix. (Derived from the 1974 quad, as I understand it--and unlike some of the other 5.1 remixes from that period, Columbia actually didn't screw this one up too badly? Not much coming out of the C and LFE channels, at any rate.)

Maybe Apple needs to be advised that many modern AVR gear doesn't play nice with 4.0 streams. They need to process them in MMH to add silent tracks and turn them into 5.1.
My AVR (Pioneer VSX-LX503) does not play Quad properly from BD-Audio via Sony X800m2 (Pink Floyd, Doobie Brothers, etc). If I just add a silent center channel to a FLAC it works fine, but always add both center and sub just to be safe.

I tried a bunch of the Apple Music purported Quad albums and they all showed up as 5.1 MCH. Are there any particularly problematic titles with Apple Music I should check? I don't think they are sending 4.0 streams.

My AVR (Pioneer VSX-LX503) does not play Quad properly from BD-Audio via Sony X800m2 (Pink Floyd, Doobie Brothers, etc). If I just add a silent center channel to a FLAC it works fine, but always add both center and sub just to be safe.

I tried a bunch of the Apple Music purported Quad albums and they all showed up as 5.1 MCH. Are there any particularly problematic titles with Apple Music I should check? I don't think they are sending 4.0 streams.

For the quad titles, I think they're sending 6-channel streams with silent C & LFE.

Last edited:
Agreed, I was hoping for a bit more. The album doesn't call for aggressive mixes, but this song could've...

Switchfoot. Decent mix, sounds good in 5.1 on Apple Music
8C9F210B-1A5A-40C3-85C3-5C4A23D30879.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back