Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the OOP disc prices are going to start coming down...
IMO, it’ll be awhile. Physical digital media may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I don’t see the surround crowd (which probably owns a sizable fraction of these discs) letting go of their surround SACDs, etc anytime soon. Plus streaming still has the issue of disappearing titles.

I know I’ve got this BOC disc, long ago ripped it to my harddrive, and don’t really care much for it - and I’m not selling it.

Very different approach to what we're used to with Mr. Wilson's mixes.
Main vocals are on the surrounds. It's discreet, somehow I expected a little more pristine sound, maybe Apple's resolution. I will like to think that the Bluray will sound better.
The sound quality seems all over the map for me with this stuff; some sound’s too thin or not punchy enough, or even a little dirty/fuzzy sounding. Then other stuff will sound great!

So many factors goes into what eventually comes out our speakers, starting with the original recording, mixing/mastering, and delivery method. I’m left wondering though, just how much the Apple delivery specs are influencing the sound.

Sorry folks, I'm on the slippery slope here...

I cancelled the Let It Be box set....

I just can't justify spending over £100 for it, when I have it via Apple.

And yes I've castigated myself but I only buy these sets for the surround mix, rarely if ever, do I play the countless takes and re takes.

Wearing tin helmet and ducking below the sandbags as I type.

And yes I've castigated myself but I only buy these sets for the surround mix, rarely if ever, do I play the countless takes and re takes.

I‘m with you ;)

I'm with you on this, no more big boxes for me. :cool:

Question: I am wondering, come Nov with the release of Let It Be-Movie, 3 days. can you on AppleTV record, like a DVR with DirecTV.
I ask, because it is Thanksgiving weekend and I don't know if it is going to be one showing or multiple showings?

Question: I am wondering, come Nov with the release of Let It Be-Movie, 3 days. can you on AppleTV record, like a DVR with DirecTV.
I ask, because it is Thanksgiving weekend and I don't know if it is going to be one showing or multiple showings?
Its gonna be on Disney+, meaning its perpetually on demand forever. Its not a "one showing" kind of thing, it will just be uploaded, in its parts, when its time to come out. Then you can watch it at any time (assuming you pay for Disney+), much like a youtube video

As long as you use the savings to upgrade gear or decimate your OOP disc wish list, I forgive you.

As long as you use the savings to upgrade gear or decimate your OOP disc wish list, I forgive you.
I'm using the dosh to buy Kraftwerks full 3D box set, which incidently is the same price as Let It Be....and yes its available on Apple.
A set I've wanted for some time...
Don't worry, physical releases will always have a home here, I just can be more choosy now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back