Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soft or hard? wood!

edit: this Chelsea flower show is pleasant enough and thank you for the heads up, musically my favourite of your latest recommendations is the Joy Crookes' "Skin" album, very good music and mix! 👌🤗 👍
My favourite....pre-treated soft wood!!

It hardens with age....

Laugh 😃 for the question, pity we can't add more than one emoji to our 'like' replies.. :unsure:

YACHT (Young Americans Challenging High Technology) "Chain Tripping" Dolby Atmos BD-V

C1248AF5-6115-49BF-9F05-36F6A7985329.jpeg

i dunno about high technology, the lo-fi visuals are tripping me out! 🥳😅

86171454-5EBB-48CA-9576-C25E4FAB868A.jpeg

also surprised to see my old Cambridge Audio 651BD handles Atmos, thought only my Sony 4K UHDP could do it so that's a BD Brucie Bonus! 🤩

Coldplay's new album Music for the Spheres sounds great in DD+/Atmos, such a huge difference in mastering vs. the heavily compressed stereo mix. Very immersive mix, lots of activity in the surround and height channels, great low end nice and deep without the absurd over-presence the pre-fixed Blu-ray of AHFOD had, just tasty overall. Probably their worst album but so far I like a good 5 tracks on it.

another great scoop of a Quad master that just snuck up on us and a fine example of a Bogert/Vincent style Bass Rear Left/Drums Rear Right Quad mix. some tracks are kinda murky, although they were always like that on the SQ LP & Q8 (both pretty scarce nowadays tbh which makes this release even more precious) so pretty sure any softness is baked into the mix rather than there being anything up with the mastering. other tracks really zing and are just marvellous, Man In The Mirror in particular RAWKS and some of the vocal and harmony channel placements throughout are just lovely!! :rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back