Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Back to Black now! It does sound much cleaner and less smashed here to me, and re-experiencing the album like this reminds me how much I like it; however...

"What Kind Of Fuckery is this!"
This could easily be a DPLII mix to me. Nothing is really focused except her vocals /drumming front and center. Some light backing vocals, strings, and maybe blended in horns/keyboards to the rears. Yo, aye yo I knew you was trouble, and hey stay away from my Stella ya'll!!!

View attachment 72812

wow Mister Pupster.. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ while its no Booka Shade type Atmos rollercoaster i really enjoyed the new mixes and listened to the Atmos 3 times already! it has just enough Rear action and felt way cleaner sounding than the other two Vns i have (CD, HFPA) to make it worthwhile ๐Ÿ˜…

Spectacular opening track onthis one
0EB30582-5933-49D9-A103-1973E0C69996.jpeg

Watch out has the Tidal quirk of being way louder than other tracks on the album!

Last edited:
Cor blimey indeed! Jarvis goes French and takes over the mantle from Johnny Hallyday. I think it's an accompaniment to Wes Anderson's new film The French Dispatch, which I'm hoping to see next week. First I'm seeing Dune in Dolby Atmos later today. :)

Would love it if they remixed Pulp's Different Class into Atmos. "Elle venait de Grรจce elle avait soif de savoir, Elle a รฉtudiรฉ la sculpture au Collรจge Saint Martin..." ๐ŸŽถ

Centre feels a bit heavier than many Atmos mixes.. feels like maybe a Bob Clearmountain mix? sounds great!! ๐Ÿ˜
I was just gobsmacked to find it Adam.

This Atmos thingy me jig, just keeps on giving...

They really are serious about it too.

It's just the bizarre way of having to individually explore Spatial Audio each day, to find them.

Not that I'm complaining...๐Ÿคฉ

wow Mister Pupster.. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ while its no Booka Shade type Atmos rollercoaster i really enjoyed the new mixes and listened to the Atmos 3 times already! it has just enough Rear action and felt way cleaner sounding than the other two Vns i have (CD, HFPA) to make it worthwhile ๐Ÿ˜…
I know, Iโ€™m a harsh old bastard, just want my surround to sound like they gave a shit. But I at least awknowledged itโ€™s cleaner sounding ๐Ÿ˜

Cor blimey indeed! Jarvis goes French and takes over the mantle from Johnny Hallyday. I think it's an accompaniment to Wes Anderson's new film The French Dispatch, which I'm hoping to see next week. First I'm seeing Dune in Dolby Atmos later today. :)

Would love it if they remixed Pulp's Different Class into Atmos. "Elle venait de Grรจce elle avait soif de savoir, Elle a รฉtudiรฉ la sculpture au Collรจge Saint Martin..." ๐ŸŽถ

ooh la la! will you 'av an Allo Allo at zat! i am seeing Zee French Dispatch movie (avec mon Italian Stallion! ๐Ÿ˜‹ ) later ziss evenink at my local fleapit! ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐ŸŽฅ i won't spoil it for you by spilling zee haricot! meantime i hope you enjoy zee moviefilm du Dune ce soir and all that parlais vous franglais donchyaknow!! ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿš€

I never bought this album back in the day and never paid much attention to it but I had to have it in this format, I waited for the price to drop below ยฃ100 then ordered it. I particularly loved the track I Me Mine, it really works well in Atmos.
View attachment 72821

yes i am unexpectedly enjoying the album now in Atmos much more than i ever did!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I was just gobsmacked to find it Adam.

This Atmos thingy me jig, just keeps on giving...

They really are serious about it too.

It's just the bizarre way of having to individually explore Spatial Audio each day, to find them.

Not that I'm complaining...๐Ÿคฉ

looks like my monster hunch about it being a Bob Clearmountain mix may have been right! ahh.. just call me Quaddy-modo! ding dong! as the late great Leslie Philips would've said!! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rmountain-surround-mix-out-in-december.31323/
oh i dunno, i quite like having to seek it out! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‹ its like the elusive Captain Scarlet Engelbert Pumpernink! they seek him here, they seek him there, they seek his 12 inch deep pan pizza... everywhere!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿคฃ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back