Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i've got it all to cock, just like Miss Allcock!!! :LOL:

wow he is still with us... how wonderful to be so wrong! what a fabulous man, thank you for the correction 😋
Left hand down a bit Mr Phillips ...

He became a household name in this timeless radio show...

http://navylarkguide.co.uk/
I agree Adam, he knew how to stretch double meanings.

Elijah Woods- Look What I Made- EP. (Tidal & Apple)

At the polar opposite of Rolling Stones- Tattoo You.

Check it out. 16 mins of full on Atmos!

Up there with Yello- Point as extracting every element from every speaker.

Masterful- but maybe too full on for some.
Outstanding mix - thanks for the tip! Catchy tunes.

Elijah Woods- Look What I Made- EP. (Tidal & Apple)

At the polar opposite of Rolling Stones- Tattoo You.

Check it out. 16 mins of full on Atmos!

Up there with Yello- Point as extracting every element from every speaker.

Masterful- but maybe too full on for some.
Thanks. :) I really liked this, ok music and very good mix.

It is on Tidal

I fink mixing engineer ain't got to grips with Atmos yet.

its Front-heavy but there's all sorts of little bits popping up in the Rears throughout (the Surround channels, Ch.'s 4 & 5 in the 5.1, i mean) incl occasional backing vocals and other little vocal bits, piano seems to almost always be isolated in the Rears.. and the Front Heights have other bits on occasion, percussion type stuff in them and so on.

however, i've said it before and i'll say it again, i feel sometimes a multichannel music mix can be too discrete for its own good.. and i think this is one such example, you can't always just bung the whole rhythm section up front and pepper the other channels with isolated bits of everything else and hope for the best, a multich mix needs sonic glue! sometimes that means blending between Front and Back, sometimes its spreading out things like drums so they're not only in the Fronts, sometimes its just being bold and taking a risk.. none of that's going on in this mix that i can pick up on so its a bit flat.

Apple 🍎 has it too..

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/travelers-blues/1586900965?ls
This type of music is right up my street
Got a chance to hear the whole thing last night, and it's a fantastic blues album IMO. Yes, I would have preferred the rears to be a little more discrete and have some more presence (maybe a 2db boost would help.) But totally loved it :love: And this is a new 2021 album; with that last song (Keep Your Light On Mama) not on any of the physical releases I see?

Here's the credits on discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/release/19684873-Blues-Traveler-Travelers-Blues

Oh dear....Great album.
And it's in surround ..

But

The Atmos mix is feeble at best.
I listened to TY last night and was poking around some of the other music sites to try to find who mixed and engineered. Couldn’t find much but signs pointed to Mick Jagger being very involved with these new mixes/mastering. Perhaps he wants these mixes to be made more to the subtle side.

I listened to TY last night and was poking around some of the other music sites to try to find who mixed and engineered. Couldn’t find much but signs pointed to Mick Jagger being very involved with these new mixes/mastering. Perhaps he wants these mixes to be made more to the subtle side.
Maybe he has talked to John Mayer for input. ;)

Humm...if that's the case, then I suspect Mick has not really got much of an idea how surround works....which would'nt surprise me.
Perhaps after the criticism of the mix on Goats Head Soup, he thought a hands on approach would sort that out.

At least The Stones are getting their albums released in surround, which is very welcome.

C'mon Led Zep and ELO, you got the music that deserves panning around our lug holes!! :)

Humm...if that's the case, then I suspect Mick has not really got much of an idea how surround works....which would'nt surprise me.
Perhaps after the criticism of the mix on Goats Head Soup, he thought a hands on approach would sort that out.

At least The Stones are getting their albums released in surround, which is very welcome.

C'mon Led Zep and ELO, you got the music that deserves panning around our lug holes!! :)
At least we do have some solace - I did read that the Atmos mix has the best dynamic range and isn’t brick walled like the stereo versions.

And I watch it every Sunday evening....2 games

My son follows the Green Bay Packers
16350985150917676864181239625712.jpg

Todays first game, shown live here in Blighty.
Cincinatti v Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back