Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to TY last night and was poking around some of the other music sites to try to find who mixed and engineered. Couldn’t find much but signs pointed to Mick Jagger being very involved with these new mixes/mastering. Perhaps he wants these mixes to be made more to the subtle side.

Tidal shows 'immersive mix engineer' is Stan Kybert

His other credits listed there seem to show he hasn't done a ton of work and/or is somewhat unknown.

My theory is Mick decided to just let whoever got assigned at Capitol that day do it vs spend big money on the mix.

Or maybe he does like this guy and/or wanted to give him a shot who knows.

I thought the mix was ok and enjoyed listening to it.

stan kybert.JPG

Tidal shows 'immersive mix engineer' is Stan Kybert

His other credits listed there seem to show he hasn't done a ton of work and/or is somewhat unknown.

My theory is Mick decided to just let whoever got assigned at Capitol that day do it vs spend big money on the mix.

Or maybe he does like this guy and/or wanted to give him a shot who knows.

I thought the mix was ok and enjoyed listening to it.

View attachment 72908
Zzzzzzzzz. Sorry you just woke me up listening to Tattoo You’

Spice up your immersive mixes, ABBA!
https://tidal.com/album/202467664(Immersive mix engineer: Lewis Jones)

he also did the Atmos of Michael Kiwanuka's "Kiwanuka"..

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/kiwanuka/1474357932
same mixing style as "Spice", lead vocals all-round type mix, Front-heavy.. just a poor use of the possibilities of Atmos imho.. they should've consulted someone to oversee the Spice Girls' Atmos mixes really its such a big release, i'll be avoiding his mixes in future the two i've heard so far are frankly shit.

he also did the Atmos of Michael Kiwanuka's "Kiwanuka"..

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/kiwanuka/1474357932
same mixing style as "Spice", lead vocals all-round type mix, Front-heavy.. just a poor use of the possibilities of Atmos imho.. they should've consulted someone to oversee the Spice Girls' Atmos mixes really its such a big release, i'll be avoiding his mixes in future the two i've heard so far are frankly shit.
It seems that in the rush to get Atmos 'out there' they're making the same mistakes as before :( Kiwanuka deserves a good surround mix, its a great album

Watching/listening to the hard disc of The Pineapple Thief in Dolby Atmos.
Nothing But The Truth.
Very good Atmos, but not very discrete in the heights. A fully immersive surround experience, a touch bassy. They need to put a little Hard Rock in there show as far as movement, a little bland to watch, but super good muscians. I will rip the Dolby Atmos music but not the video. This is the 4 disc box set.
R-20675194-1634824175-9837.jpeg.jpg

This is a really good mix.

I'm ultimately familiar with this album as in 1989-90 this guy hands me a demo tape, says it's Pearl Jam, they're gonna be huge.

1635483460129.png

I spent many an hour trying to rip that tape to my PC, listening every step along the way.

then I sold the demo tape on ebay for what I thought was decent money. I shoulda held out and had it to this day, but I got the rip :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back