Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for digging up the link; you chaps in merry ol' England are gettin' up when I'm gettin' down (er going to sleep!) How do you like it?

Usually try and check out a couple of the Latin titles occasionally to see what's cookin'; and found this little gem, started listening and ended up going all the way to the end of the album (which is rare for me.)

But knowing that you've got the full Atmos height thing there Mike, was there basically atmospheric type reverb etc. coming from the heights on this one? And yeah I know a little 'bout the xyz Spatial object placement thing, could put something like her vocals 5-6' up from the floor and center of room if they wanted to?
Our clocks go back an hour tonight Pups...will that help? :unsure: :D

And they did put her vocals up in the rear heights on the track 'A Crying Diamond', and the sides and the rears!!

It really is a stellar mix and production on this release, one I shall come back to regularly.

Now who was the clever clogs, who got the Atmos mix right on this little number, I wonder?

No echo or reverb coming at me Pups.

Just 7.2.4 pleasure.

Tori Amos- Ocean to Ocean. Well recorded and quite immersive without being overtly discrete in the rear channels. Just over half way through with best tune so far ‘Spies’. (Tidal)
This is definitely a great album with a beautiful mix. The best album Kate Bush never made.

Just found this great thread recently while getting an Atmos set-up together (not sorted yet but soon).

Can’t find reference to Gainsbourg Melody Nelson in the thread already, so posting - the iOS app claims its atmos though I can’t confirm… One of my favourite albums and I have a nice DVD-A with a 5.1 mix from 2011 - looking forward to hearing in Atmos if the app’s Atmos flag is accurate.

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/histoire-de-melody-nelson/1443118514

Just found this great thread recently while getting an Atmos set-up together (not sorted yet but soon).

Can’t find reference to Gainsbourg Melody Nelson in the thread already, so posting - the iOS app claims its atmos though I can’t confirm… One of my favourite albums and I have a nice DVD-A with a 5.1 mix from 2011 - looking forward to hearing in Atmos if the app’s Atmos flag is accurate.

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/histoire-de-melody-nelson/1443118514
I have never heard of this release before.
It sounds OK in Atmos.
And its from 1971!!

And a belated welcome!!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-3d-film-music-collection/1590829459
I can’t say enough good things about this collection. Many of my favorite movie themes in stunning sound quality and with excellent use of the entire surround sound field, powerful bass, etc. etc. etc.

As an added bonus for me: I had a theme stuck in my head for months but could not place it. I searched and searched but nothing. Was it from Game of Thrones? Nope. Nothing. Well lo and behold I listened to this album today and there it was, Last of the Mohicans! It was torturing me for so long I never thought I would find it.

I will return to this set often.

Between Pupster not posting links despite my polite barking earlier in the thread, and the carpal tunnel inducing links that end up getting you to a NO GRINGOS ALLOWED apple page, this thread is a bit tedious for me.:D

The links are all working for me. Maybe check your setup.
THIS IS WHAT I GET THE MOMENT I CHOOSE USA I GET A NON ATMOS PROMO PAGE.
APPLE SUCKS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back