Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha interesting, not really sure there needs to be a new thread specifically for streaming Atmos? This thread was only created when Tidal opened up the catalogue anyway, and I don't see a difference if you listen to Atmos either by streaming or on a physical format?! It's still music in Atmos... :) Most disc based releases will have there own poll threads anyway... And it's kinda cool to see the evolution of what's been made available from launch...

What's confusing is the posting of quadraphonic titles in here when they're clearly not object based Atmos mixes... "Dolby Audio" is just a bit of fudge marketing term. The ones I've seen so far were originally released as Sony 360RA a while ago. And quite a few are already out on SACD which is lossless and a much better way to listen to them. Whilst it's great they are being made available on wider formats it would be much better to amend this thread title to include quad, and move them and future posts here...
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ming-on-apple-music-in-5-1-dolby-audio.31315/
Just my thoughts... I don't have that many really though... :D

Ha interesting, not really sure there needs to be a new thread specifically for streaming Atmos? This thread was only created when Tidal opened up the catalogue anyway, and I don't see a difference if you listen to Atmos either by streaming or on a physical format?! It's still music in Atmos... :) Most disc based releases will have there own poll threads anyway... And it's kinda cool to see the evolution of what's been made available from launch...

What's confusing is the posting of quadraphonic titles in here when they're clearly not object based Atmos mixes... "Dolby Audio" is just a bit of fudge marketing term. The ones I've seen so far were originally released as Sony 360RA a while ago. And quite a few are already out on SACD which is lossless and a much better way to listen to them. Whilst it's great they are being made available on wider formats it would be much better to amend this thread title to include quad to, and move them and future posts here...
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ming-on-apple-music-in-5-1-dolby-audio.31315/
Just my thoughts... I don't have that many really though... :D
Perhaps we need a members Poll on what we would like to have Will ....

After all, It's as if we dont have enough Polls!! :unsure: :D

But then, what do I know.....:rolleyes:

You can normally write what I do know on the back of a postage stamp!! :D

If you can find time there was a pretty cool Youtube panel about mixing in Dolby Atmos last night featuring Greg Penny, Steve Genewick, Andrew Scheps, Dave Way and Fab Dupont. I only caught the second half live (it's pretty long!) but super interesting. Greg Penny makes an interesting point about Elton John right at the end. And they cover a lot about mixing. There was also an interesting topic about why they think Dolby Atmos is in for the long haul and is going to stick around...

Last edited:
If you can find time there was a pretty cool Youtube panel about mixing in Dolby Atmos last night featuring Greg Penny, Steve Genewick, Andrew Scheps, Dave Way and Fab Dupont. I only caught the second half live (it's pretty long!) but super interesting. Greg Penny makes an interesting point about Elton John right at the end. And they cover a lot about mixing. There was also an interesting topic about why they think Dolby Atmos is in for the long hall and is going to stick around...

I wonder why Steve Genewick has been absent from this site for awhile?

Last seen Feb 10, 2021

This is good

Moby – Reprise (2021, CD) - Discogs

1638271717117.png

Still waiting patiently for my copy (yeah right-my ass) sorry haven’t posted more to your new “streaming” thread Mike, but everyone must be on Vay-Kay for holiday, as nothing new is striking my fancy on the ol’ ATV4K- doh
Amazon order for Moby for me, from way way back now.
I reckon they didnt bother because of Black Friday mayhem....:unsure:

I still think we need majority concensus on all these Atmos threads.

If you can find time there was a pretty cool Youtube panel about mixing in Dolby Atmos last night featuring Greg Penny, Steve Genewick, Andrew Scheps, Dave Way and Fab Dupont. I only caught the second half live (it's pretty long!) but super interesting. Greg Penny makes an interesting point about Elton John right at the end. And they cover a lot about mixing. There was also an interesting topic about why they think Dolby Atmos is in for the long haul and is going to stick around...

Four and a half hours...It's like The Beatles: Get Back of Atmos! (Even in first 10 minutes, though, the host Andrew Scheps does a real public service by succinctly addressing some of the terminological confusion around Atmos, Atmos-for-Headphones, "Spatial Audio," "binaural," etc.)

(Edit: the host site, puremix.net, looks pretty cool, too. Learn mixing from the masters...one more thing to think about doing in retirement!)
https://www.puremix.net/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back