Listening to Now In DSD 256 & DSD 512 Downloads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Brian, concerning the specs on the "iFi Audio iDSD Micro BL", if connected to a receiver (AVR-direct) is the DSD 512 full resolution only available with analog RCA cables & what looks like output via SPDIF Coax topping out at 192khz?

You'd want to use the Analog pass thru vs. a Coax topping at 192kHz.

I looked up the iFi Audio iDSD Micro BL and how would it set up for me? JRiver on PC and then USB to exaSound. Do I put in between the PC and exaSound?

I haven't used it with the exaSound.

Here, I have the Micro BL connected to an i7 PC with JRiver 26 (64-bit version) and Windows 10 via USB and then HiFiMan HE-1000 headphones via the headphone jack on the Micro BL. Sounds great!

In fact, for the first DSD 512 releases from NativeDSD, I was previewing them on that very setup. :)

I haven't used it with the exaSound.

Here, I have the Micro BL connected to an i7 PC with JRiver 26 (64-bit version) and Windows 10 via USB and then HiFiMan HE-1000 headphones via the headphone jack on the Micro BL. Sounds great!

In fact, for the first DSD 512 releases from NativeDSD, I was previewing them on that very setup. :)
H'mm, that sounds doable for me, pretty easy set up, then I don't have to dig into the rear of my system which is very difficult. I have some very nice headphones but need an cord extension to make it to my listening position, any recommendations?

Listening now to this Frenchy fun DSD 256.
FMICA990011803.jpg

H'mm, that sounds doable for me, pretty easy set up, then I don't have to dig into the rear of my system which is very difficult. I have some very nice headphones but need an cord extension to make it to my listening position, any recommendations?

The big upgrade I did here was to replace the stock headphone cables with a set of Lazuli Headphone Cables from Dana Cables
A big improvement sonically. And you can order them in any length needed.

danacable-logo-324x324.jpg

http://danacables.com/product-category/headphone-cables/lazuli/

Embrace Me with Blue Note Jazz star Denise Jannah and the Gidon Nunes Vaz Quartet in Stereo DSD 512.
A new Stereo DSD and DXD release. (DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD). Recommended for Jazz Fans!

Embrace Me - SL1039A at 450.jpg

Top 5 DSD Best Seller!

Sound Liaison returns to NativeDSD with their 15th release featuring Jazz Vocalist and Blue Note recording star Denise Jannah and the Gidon Nunes Vaz Quartet.
Gary Giddins from the Village Voice says "Quite simply, Denise Jannah is one of the best jazz singers to come along in the 25 years I’ve been writing about music."

Sound Liaison says “Talking about masters, Gidon hit the jackpot when he found Blue Note recording star Denise Jannah willing to add her magic to the date. Denise is in top form here, clearly inspired by her young colleagues; she delivers a pointed yet relaxed rendition of these classic songs.

This recording of Don Sebesky's 'Yesterday’s Dreams' is in a sense a premiere. It is the first time the composition is being heard with lyrics. Joan Gannij wrote the lyrics and Mr. Sebesky gave her his blessing for telling a good story.”

Don Sebesky says "There’s a lot of quality musicianship on this recording; it’s very clear. So very rare to hear a group of young people pick up on the vibes (of these standards) and be true to the music. God bless you…... Keep doing what you’re doing.”

Gidon Nunes Vaz adds "There is no playing it safe in jazz. You could say that the safety in jazz is that there is no safety. I prefer a recording session to be as live as possible; everybody in the same room, catching the moment where creativity happens, old school, no overdubs….no safety. But…. OK...to be honest for this recording I did have a number of safety factors; Studio 2 in the MCO building is a fantastic hall to play in. With Frans de Rond engineering you know that the sound is going to be right. With Timothy, Thomas, and Yoran as rhythm section I know that the music will be free to flow wherever it wants to go. And Denise is such an enormous source of inspiration. Her mastery inspires you to give it all you got. It is impossible not to play well with her present."

Embrace Me is available in Stereo DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64, and DXD at the Native DSD Music store.
It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SL1039A-embrace-me

The latest release from the Oslo Philharmonic conducted by Vasily Petrenko in Stereo DSD 512.
As NativeDSD Senior Reviewer Bill Dodd says "Sure you've heard these pieces before, but Petrenko really blows the cobwebs off!" Highly recommended.

Capriccio - LWC1198 - 500j.jpg

#1 DSD Best Seller!
Exclusively in DSD & DXD at NativeDSD Music
DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD

For their 6th DSD release at NativeDSD Music, the Oslo Philharmonic (Oslo-Filharmonien) under the baton of Vasily Petreenko perform Rimsky-Korsakov's Capriccio Espagnol, Op. 34, coupled with the Russian Easter Festival Overture, Op. 36 and Scheherazade, Op. 35, Symphonic Suite. It debuts on the NativeDSD Music Top Sellers Chart at the #1 position on its first day of release!

Graham Rickson from The Arts Desk says "Few contemporary conductors seem as prolific in the recording studio as Vasily Petrenko, albums with his orchestras in Liverpool and Oslo emerging with unnerving frequency. It takes a rare talent to make the most familiar repertoire sound newly minted, and this Oslo Rimsky-Korsakov anthology is a zinger. Everything is perfectly placed, tiny details like the semiquavers on low brass and horns so, so right, without derailing the music’s momentum. Exciting stuff indeed, a great romantic symphony in all but name. Sumptuous recorded sound to boot, and alluring art."

This is a new DXD recording that is exclusively available in Stereo DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64, and DXD at the Native DSD Music Store. It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release from LAWO Classics.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/LW...er-festival-overture-op-36-scheherazade-op-35

NativeDSD asked. This was a Stereo only recording by LAWO Classics.
Some of the earlier Oslo Philharmonic albums were recorded in Multichannel and Stereo.
I know. I was trying to point out that the little panel seemed to imply otherwise.

Listening to this, just released today DSD256 stereo by a guitar wizard, turn it up just a hair and get the full texture. I love how the bass and the guitar are so in sync, note for note, almost like the strings of the guitar and the bass, Standup I think, are as one. Fantastic. I didn't have the volume analyzed and track to track was a boom, I corrected that.
C'mon man Satin Doll is a big time hit.

Back