• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to now...in fake Quad!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Attention Guitarists!!!
- Robben Ford has been quoted saying he's very proud of the work he did on this early Tom Scott & the L.A. Express song.
I've always wondered how he got that far-out sound? Maybe wah-wah to phaser to slight reverb on his amp? (His technique on the guitar to accomplish this effect is another question - fast brush strokes?) You can hear the song on the discogs page.
Rock Island Rocket🚆

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm usually not into Heavy Metal ..... but this is a pleasant exception ..... decodes very well in faux surround [2017 REISSUE/2 DISCS]

See the source image

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
OMG, I have a great rip of "Thriller" and I swear to god that it's basically a stealth surround mix!!!!
I mean the brass in the rears along with the percussion, voice and bass in the FR...
DTS NEURAL X rules!!!

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
women rule my world...
Enya- Dark Sky Island.. she is such a sad girl...
Florence and the Machine-Lungs....you gotta feed her separately
(small pause...for the unpublished album I did with my ex ;
Glammest- Window Shopping
.. bless her soul, such a wonderful voice and heartfelt lyrics.. really hits close to home...)
Sarah MacLachlan-Afterglow ...where was I when this came out???

antoine555

Peter Gabriel III (Melt) in home-made surround 😁

It's the only Gab' album I can listen from start to end, and back again.

Let's hope Fripp & Wilson will be able talk to Peter Gabriel for a proper 5.1 mix one day :51QQ

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
OMG! this is HANDS DOWN their best album EVER (this honor was held by "The seeds of Love" up until now)...and I am a HUGE fan of TSOL !!!
not only is it a lesson in life but a very sweet dedication from Roland to his estranged wife (in hindsight now....), Caroline.. RIP...
it IS a heartbreaking album and a spirit lifting one at the same time!!!

Whew!!! heavy stuff..

and, just to mess with us, it decodes wonderfully in DTS Neural X!!!

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
A strange creation of my own, that I've been working on for the last day or so. It started off as a simple matrix decode of the stereo LP, but it's since undergone all kinds of additional changes: level adjustments, cut/pastes, channel swaps, etc.

AYE.jpg

I implore anyone who has this to try it through a matrix decode or DSP of your choice. The results are really interesting, even spectacular in places (if you like your lead vocal coming from one rear channel, that is ;)).

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A strange creation of my own, that I've been working on for the last day or so. It started off as a simple matrix decode of the stereo LP, but it's since undergone all kinds of additional changes: level adjustments, cut/pastes, channel swaps, etc.

View attachment 40371

I implore anyone who has this to try it through a matrix decode or DSP of your choice. The results are really interesting, even spectacular in places (if you like your lead vocal coming from one rear channel, that is ;)).
o_O Somebody stuck a Quad symbol on the album cover 😎

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This one is a marvel in DTS NEO X...what a whopper of an album!!! At least Lowell George left us this gem before shedding his mortal coil....

Wow, I didn't even know who this was...had to look him up on wiki......Zappa and Little Feat huh? Saw this bullet point on wiki too...

The song "Ride Like the Wind" on the 1979 self-titled debut album by Christopher Cross was dedicated to George.

Group builder