Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VLC thru my rig ...love how my JBLs sound!

ELP-Trilogy...very lucky to get a MINTY Island LP pressing...best sound ever

Tears For Fears-Sowing the seeds of Love....here ClickRepair came to the rescue...a NM but clicky Fontana UK pressing...and I though it was an all analog disc, HA!!!

on DPL II MOVIE setting---

another big fat vote for yes' "Close to the edge" from the MFSL LP 96/24 ..whew----- 8/10 decoding to quad score

and for WB US LP Pressing at 96/24 pf Lowell George's "Thanks , i'll eat it here", 9/10

basically what most pros do..bass, drums, featured gtrs, vox in front in the front stereo pair...(heavy stuff)

back vox. brass , synths, gtrs, synths and some slapbacks on the rear stereo pair.(complimentary parts)

on DPL II MOVIE setting---

another big fat vote for yes' "Close to the edge" from the MFSL LP 96/24 ..whew----- 8/10 decoding to quad score

and for WB US LP Pressing at 96/24 pf Lowell George's "Thanks , i'll eat it here", 9/10

basically what most pros do..bass, drums, featured gtrs, vox in front in the front stereo pair...(heavy stuff)

back vox. brass , synths, gtrs, synths and some slapbacks on the rear stereo pair.(complimentary parts)

the Warner CD of Lowell George's "Thanks I'll Eat it Here" (UPC - 7599-26755-2) pans out really really nicely in DPLII Music..! :D

the Warner CD of Lowell George's "Thanks I'll Eat it Here" (UPC - 7599-26755-2) pans out really really nicely in DPLII Music..! :D

And , on top of that , it's a very special album..very intimate, in a way...
Yes, the panning on this is TOPS! almost like a REAL Surround mix....

High time we made a stand, shake up the views of the common man.
VLC thru my rig ...love how my JBLs sound!

ELP-Trilogy...very lucky to get a MINTY Island LP pressing...best sound ever

Tears For Fears-Sowing the seeds of Love....here ClickRepair came to the rescue...a NM but clicky Fontana UK pressing...and I though it was an all analog disc, HA!!!

Teaser Deluxe - Tommy Bolin CD 6/10
teaserdeluxe.jpg

Magical Mystery Tour - Beatles Stereo CD (from '09 remastered box) 7/10
album-magical-mystery-tour.jpg

Rise - Herb Alpert CD expanded Signature Series (and signed!) CD 10/10 Ro-ta-tion
risecover.jpg

Gold Dust - Tori Amos CD 9/10
1349195645-tori-amos-2012-gold-dust-front.jpg

Gratitude - Earth, Wind & Fire CD (from Columbia Masters box) 8/10 Yes, I know it's out on SACD 5.1, which I also own.
41ouk5jnmrL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Sunken Condos - Donald Fagen CD :yikes 10/10 Yes, Virginia, I have a copy. I'll be surprised if any disc tops this one for album of the year. Sparkling fidelity and perhaps his best since Nightfly. Absolutely wonderful.
Donald-Fagen-Sunken-Condos1.jpg

Concord Picante 4 CD 4-10/10 compilation. Mas caliente.
61a3O4tD6hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Devil Made Me Buy This Dress - Rickie Lee Jones CD 6/10
eeaa18527e0b5499b0decc8328edaf99.jpg

Sunken Condos - Donald Fagen CD :yikes 10/10 Yes, Virginia, I have a copy. I'll be surprised if any disc tops this one for album of the year. Sparkling fidelity and perhaps his best since Nightfly. Absolutely wonderful.
View attachment 7376

Concord Picante 4 CD 4-10/10 compilation. Mas caliente.
View attachment 7377

The Devil Made Me Buy This Dress - Rickie Lee Jones CD 6/10
View attachment 7378

oh, oh, OH..!!

Sunken Condos in PLII is wonderful..!!

Sacrilegious as this may be (even pains me to say it!) I'm not sure if the lack of a proper discrete 5.1 is such a letdown on this album..!?

There must be TONS of out of phase info because it pans out like a melonfarmer in surround when put through ProLogic..!!

"I'm not the same without quad now" ;)

All I Got isn't one of my favorite SACD's or albums, although it's not anywhere near as bad as Metropole Orkest. I liked his DVD-V (audio only) 5.1 on Monster with Benson (McCartney guests.)

!!eBlL4!CGM~$(KGrHqZ,!jYE0CpKno1YBNQ)UtVCSQ~~_35.JPG
folder.jpg

oh, I'm sad to hear that, Linda :(

do you rate Al's "All I Got" SACD?

I've not got round to unwrapping it yet. (tut tut.. I know!)

Time Circle - Spirit 2 CD 9/10 11 for the music. Compilation with most of the tracks from their first 4 albums, plus instrumentals, Turn to the Right, Sweet Stella Baby and 1984. White lions in their cage.
613NJ3YRQ4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Disraeli Gears - Cream 2 CD deluxe edition 0 (mono tracks) - 8/10
11420306_120719120000.jpg

The Collection - The Searchers 2ch SACD 5/10
sacd-searchers-b.jpg

An Innocent Man - Billy Joel 2ch SACD 8/10
CSON_69389_SA__8633__01152009112300-5190.jpg

Back