Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1548589548823.png

On discogs

When I was following Porcupine Tree concerts it was the band that opened the most for PT with Anathema in Paris.

This record is a killer one :love: :love:

Could any of you guys advise as to what's the best sounding CDs of Robin Trower's 70's albums please? (especially the funky stuff like Long misty days etc) I have a Chrysalis CD "Portfolio" collection from the 80's I think, doesn't sound that bad but always feel it could be bettered.. don't we all feel like that? :eek:

I'm Out To Get You
Don't know if you've heard this one, but this track gets pretty funky!

CTM.jpg

a low fog rolls in, the candles' light shimmers on the water, the wine is flowing; and your sweetness whispers in your ear - rock me tonight Daddy-O. As you try and keep it :cool:, you slip on something a little more agreeable with your lady, Rhino version of course...;)

BOMA.jpg

1962.jpg

How about a thread Listening to now in fake quad already faked into stereo from a mono source? So this 3-CD set just arrives today from Eric Records and it's got Booker T and the MG's original Green Onions in DCS (Digitally Constructed Stereo). My aural expectations are low given past experiences with the duophonic gizmo from long ago. But I chuckle a bit and play the track anyway in faux 7.1 using both Logic7 and PLIIx Music. My jaw drops...I'm fucking blown away. Not only is the track clean and crisp with good stereo separation, but it also has a great 7.1 presentation especially in PLIIx. I am in denial that what I am hearing is possible, so I play it four times. This sounds nothing like duophonic and it ain't fake. It's bloody great!

I am very quickly being converted to DTS NEURAL X
saw them on the "Underwater Sunlight" and "Tyger" tours in Philly...
a new experience watching three guys sitting down for a whole concert with towers of gear behind them and occasionally getting up to play GTR...will never forget it!
a NL LP Pressing in 96/24
BTW.. the SEMINAL Claire Torry(PF TDSOTM -Great Gig in the Sky) singing on the last track...
the most "MODERN" TD album.. shorter songs, impeccable arrangements...one of their best albums EVER...
R-1043549-1352360236-4146.jpeg.jpg

The MONKEES Greatest Hits. I know ... pop trash, but I Enjoy listening to them. Wrecking Crew studio musicians and some great writers make it some great 60's pop.
RIP Peter Tork :(

If this album was remixed into 5.1, a whole boat load of QQ'ers would own and listen to this endearing "pop trash!" Oh my, one more post and I finally hit the 1000 post mark.

Back