Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R-1505135-1475333780-2641.jpeg.jpg

Wow, this decodes REALLY well in DTS NEO X...from my original LP pressing at 96/24

Listening cause today marks the 40th anniversary of one of the first great concerts I ever saw...I was in HIgh School in early 1980 and there was rumor that Aerosmith was coming to play San Juan...I was like..."didn't they break up??"...so what we got was the Joe Perry Project on April 5th , Saturday during Holy Week....

It was at the Hiram Bithorn Stadium (baseball park where I saw many a concert too; Frampton, Kansas, Cheap Trick, Sting, Blue Oyster Cult, Heart, etc) and one of the opening acts was a group called BlackJack (ring a bell??? ) with a great ROCK singer called (back then) Michael Bolotin-yes, he modified his last name a couple of years later-, bass hero Jimmy Haslip and future KISSman Bruce Kulick; they had a minor hit "Heart of Stone", and unknowingly stole the show because Joe, although totally smacked out (story is that out of the recording budget , he set $30K aside for dope so he wouldn't go dry) and who, I saw all the way backstage how his handlers were carrying him like a rag doll (pun intended) to behind the amps, strapped the gtr on him , turned him around and PUSHED him on to the stage and he miraculously became alive and sober and played an EXCELLENT show, Ralph Morman (RIP) , the singer OTOH, was TOTALLY drunk and fucked up the show-maybe he was not used to a HUGE crowd like this-more than 8K- and got really nervous...I have heard bootlegs from the era and Ralph DID deliver but not that night in Puerto Rico...

Here is the flyer I found in the album sleeve many years later...

JPP.jpg

Wow, this decodes REALLY well in DTS NEO X...from my original LP pressing at 96/24

Listening cause today marks the 40th anniversary of one of the first great concerts I ever saw...I was in HIgh School in early 1980 and there was rumor that Aerosmith was coming to play San Juan...I was like..."didn't they break up??"...so what we got was the Joe Perry Project on April 5th , Saturday during Holy Week....

It was at the Hiram Bithorn Stadium (baseball park where I saw many a concert too; Frampton, Kansas, Cheap Trick, Sting, Blue Oyster Cult, Heart, etc) and one of the opening acts was a group called BlackJack (ring a bell??? ) with a great ROCK singer called (back then) Michael Bolotin-yes, he modified his last name a couple of years later-, bass hero Jimmy Haslip and future KISSman Bruce Kulick; they had a minor hit "Heart of Stone", and unknowingly stole the show because Joe, although totally smacked out (story is that out of the recording budget , he set $30K aside for dope so he wouldn't go dry) and who, I saw all the way backstage how his handlers were carrying him like a rag doll (pun intended) to behind the amps, strapped the gtr on him , turned him around and PUSHED him on to the stage and he miraculously became alive and sober and played an EXCELLENT show, Ralph Morman (RIP) , the singer OTOH, was TOTALLY drunk and fucked up the show-maybe he was not used to a HUGE crowd like this-more than 8K- and got really nervous...I have heard bootlegs from the era and Ralph DID deliver but not that night in Puerto Rico...

View attachment 48790
AWESOME POST! I did not know that about Bolton. Nor do I remember Blackjack...but I'm headed to youtube to see if any of it rings a bell.

AWESOME POST! I did not know that about Bolton. Nor do I remember Blackjack...but I'm headed to youtube to see if any of it rings a bell.
Yeah , the JPP album is KILLER if you like Aerosmith (PM me if you want a nice rip) Check out the YT gig too...he had a SWEET GTR TONE!!!

Reactions: GOS
bought a cheapo TT back in 2006 and started ripping at 44/16 (not knowing any better)....cleaned the biggest pops and converted them to mp4s and uploaded them to my ipods...somehow zapped the original files...
the itunes library somehow survived in the imac itunes library as mp4s...found them recently and had to use what used to be itunes in mac , now called .."music" (yuck!)...well at least it converted them to wav since XLD refused to do that, so... from there I used Click Repair to clean them and then back to mp4s, so ...mp4>wav>wav(CR'ed)>mp4...comprende????
Aerosmith DWMIrrors, BCompany DesAngels, Mr Mister I wear the face, Jim Lowe -Wicked Women (1950s Dot Records classic), B Gees Main Course, Thank God it's Friday LPs ST, The Power Station, U2 Under a BRSky..and some Tin Tan from the 1940s....dang I am tired!

View attachment 48790
That is totally awesome!! What a great lineup..too bad it wasn't Tyler and the other guys but wow! Did they play let the music do the talkin?

bought a cheapo TT back in 2006 and started ripping at 44/16 (not knowing any better)....cleaned the biggest pops and converted them to mp4s and uploaded them to my ipods...somehow zapped the original files...
the itunes library somehow survived in the imac itunes library as mp4s...found them recently and had to use what used to be itunes in mac , now called .."music" (yuck!)...well at least it converted them to wav since XLD refused to do that, so... from there I used Click Repair to clean them and then back to mp4s, so ...mp4>wav>wav(CR'ed)>mp4...comprende????
Aerosmith DWMIrrors, BCompany DesAngels, Mr Mister I wear the face, Jim Lowe -Wicked Women (1950s Dot Records classic), B Gees Main Course, Thank God it's Friday LPs ST, The Power Station, U2 Under a BRSky..and some Tin Tan from the 1940s....dang I am tired!
Desolation Angels is a great album! Way overlooked by most

Got this a few weeks ago from HD tracks... now I got it on CD, LP and 96/24 FLAC...
Dark Sky Island...decodes great...maybe a candidate for an upmix?

Oops!! How did another photo of the gorgeous Goddess of County Donegal appear here???? Oh well, I guess you can't have too many...a pleasure for the eyes as well as for the ears!
R-7746589-1462145927-6882.jpeg.jpg

Ahh ..back to ripping...with my lovely black Technics SL-QL1 with a Grado cart/ZF3 stylus and a brand spanking new Pro-ject Phono Box Preamp going into line level into the MOTU 828es...
First up, the MAGICAL Cocs...reissue from a few years ago...lovely slab, very quiet!!!
R-5883381-1431210964-1905.jpeg.jpg

Decided to finally play one of the most expensive LPs I have ever bought (about $125, probably more...wait.. it was Euros , so yeah... very rare on LP, since it was a 1993 release and has never been repressed..and not likely to be...) ..beautiful top notch pressing, with shimmering highs...so happy with this, definitely worth it!!!...of course, all going to my Mac in 96/24...these people in Surround would be the ULTIMATE SURROUND TREAT!!!!...and I saw them live in Madrid on this tour...can't believe I saw them live...oh well..better stop babbling, burble , banter....no bickering though...
R-264576-1194818607.jpeg.jpg

hmm.. this looks like "kap'n krunch's show"...oh well...it was because when I started it I did not have a center speaker...it still feels like I don't cause the upmixing does not do a lot for the center ch... I use DTS Neural X now...

OK...
so some of you have seen I got a TT at last...now I have not one, not two but THREEEEE , count them THREEEEEE TTs which are the same model...
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 4.37.34 PM.png

so I received this last one, a BLACK one instead of the two silver ones I have in Madrid with a GRADO cart with an SP3(???) stylus which is fine but I said, you know hat? , I have an Ortofon Cart with an OM30 stylus in there.....(PROJEEECT!) , so I decided to install the OM30...
and...
holy sheeeeeeeit!!!!!
I don't even have to see it in the Spectrum Display to hear the diff...the Ortofon is so sweet....
ripped the 1985 Phil C No Jacket Required US pressing again and it's like night and day...
right now me and my woman are enjoying "Inside Out"...
YESSSSS!!!!(wait, no...Genesis...)

hmm.. this looks like "kap'n krunch's show"...oh well...it was because when I started it I did not have a center speaker...it still feels like I don't cause the upmixing does not do a lot for the center ch... I use DTS Neural X now...

OK...
so some of you have seen I got a TT at last...now I have not one, not two but THREEEEE , count them THREEEEEE TTs which are the same model...
View attachment 50269
so I received this last one, a BLACK one instead of the two silver ones I have in Madrid with a GRADO cart with an SP3(???) stylus which is fine but I said, you know hat? , I have an Ortofon Cart with an OM30 stylus in there.....(PROJEEECT!) , so I decided to install the OM30...
and...
holy sheeeeeeeit!!!!!
I don't even have to see it in the Spectrum Display to hear the diff...the Ortofon is so sweet....
ripped the 1985 Phil C No Jacket Required US pressing again and it's like night and day...
right now me and my woman are enjoying "Inside Out"...
YESSSSS!!!!(wait, no...Genesis...)
I upgraded to the OM30 a year ago, and yeah...I noticed a great improvement as well. :)

Decided to finally play one of the most expensive LPs I have ever bought (about $125, probably more...wait.. it was Euros , so yeah... very rare on LP, since it was a 1993 release and has never been repressed..and not likely to be...) ..beautiful top notch pressing, with shimmering highs...so happy with this, definitely worth it!!!...of course, all going to my Mac in 96/24...these people in Surround would be the ULTIMATE SURROUND TREAT!!!!...and I saw them live in Madrid on this tour...can't believe I saw them live...oh well..better stop babbling, burble , banter....no bickering though...
R-264576-1194818607.jpeg.jpg
Not done with this LP...sooooooo swwwEEEEEEEEEeeeeet!

An 180-gram vinyl pressing of Aerosmith's Get Your Wings through the Fosgate Tate II's 'surround' mode. The sound quality is much better than the SQ LP, and the channel separation is actually quite similar at times. During the intro to "Lord Of The Thighs", it does the same thing as the actual quad mix with the guitar lines bouncing back-and-forth in the rears.

Aero_TT.jpg
Fosgate Input Lights.jpg

Back