Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Hamptonman

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Great disk! I wish there were more of his stuff on SACD. I honestly think alot of his stuff sounds really good on cd.
(y)
@Hamptonman
This isn't a SACD but is one of the best sounding CD's that I own.
You can get a used VG+
For $1.00 plus shipping/tax.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Santana CARAVANSERAI [COLUMBIA RECORDS/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] When one considers that these MoFi Santana SACDs which come in cardboard enclosures and list for $30 are overpriced especially as compared to what we hope will be a SONY Japan SACD QUAD remaster in elegant 7" packaging for only a few dollars more!

4_everyman

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Santana CARAVANSERAI [COLUMBIA RECORDS/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] When one considers that these MoFi Santana SACDs which come in cardboard enclosures and list for $30 are overpriced especially as compared to what we hope will be a SONY Japan SACD QUAD remaster in elegant 7" packaging for only a few dollars more!
Well said, brother! (y)

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
37D2BF0F-864D-4FB1-9AEE-26ECE24349B2.jpeg
Not sure what to feel about this SACD.
Love the music but the sound is overly warm. Some of the percussion that I know is there on Evil Ways is almost completely obscured and Shades of Time sounds pretty rough in general. The rest is good.
Think I read somewhere that the earlier Gold disc UDCD773 is better, maybe I need to find myself a copy