Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum:

NYMo

QQ Supporter
Bob James One....a classic !
IMG_0258.JPG

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
NOW available from MoFi [Stereo SACD]

edit: Just ordered from Deep Discount with their 15% off coupon!

71EBzlBsemL._SL1500_.jpg

Just arrived TODAY. MoFi has knocked this one out of the ballpark. Superbly remastered Stereo SACD by Shawn R. Britton utilizing MoFi's proprietary GAIN HD SYSTEM.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Al Dimeola, John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia FRIDAY NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO LIVE {SONY/single layer Stereo SACD} Mastered for SACD by Mark Wilder

Primary
Thats one I should have got but didn't as it was only stereo not surround. However I have pre-ordered the new "Saturday Night In San Francisco" stereo SACD!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thats one I should have got but didn't as it was only stereo not surround. However I have pre-ordered the new "Saturday Night In San Francisco" stereo SACD!

Dunc, it's recorded so well you'd swear it was a bona fide three channel recording and you'd be missing out on some dynamically thrilling guitar virtuosity!

And since it's only three guitars [no other instrumentation], the most a 4.0/5.1 soundstage would deliver is AMBIENCE, only!

And it's guaranteed to repel 🧙‍♂️

Last edited:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Dunc, it's recorded so well you'd swear it was a bona fide three channel recording and you'd be missing out on some dynamically thrilling guitar virtuosity!

And since it's only three guitars [no other instrumentation], the most a 4.0/5.1 soundstage would deliver is AMBIENCE, only!

And it's guaranteed to repel 🧙‍♂️
I've the CDs of Friday Night In San Francisco and Passion Grace & Fire, and they are wonderfully recorded,
...........but probably not enough high frequency squeaking to scare the damned
Dancing Gnome!.gif
away!

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just arrived TODAY. MoFi has knocked this one out of the ballpark. Superbly remastered Stereo SACD by Shawn R. Britton utilizing MoFi's proprietary GAIN HD SYSTEM.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Oh boy, glad I looked at this thread today. I always get notification from MOFI about a new release but either didn't get one or I missed it.
I ordered the Clapton unplugged, David Crosby (Already have the surround DVD-A) and pre ordered the Thriller.

The Rang

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I agree with the Billy Squier being bright.
Played parts of Starfish again last night and though I personally wouldn’t call it bright, I can hear what you mean, especially in some of the vocals.