Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D5398089-755C-4FA9-8F4A-25C4BC3C3399.jpeg

Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky Is Crying

As a posthumous collection of tracks recorded over a number of years, this holds together well as an album. Little Wing is great.

View attachment 85947
After more years than I’d care to say,
finally decided to crack open this SACD beauty, starting naturally with:

View attachment 85948
Texas Flood

What can one say, this is a bleeping amazing album. Have the Sony SACD, no way it sounds as good as this Analogue Productions version.
Cannot believe this album is on the verge of turning 40.
During the eighties, for me it seemed that our local FM radio station, and maybe the AM as well, used to play SR Vaughan every other song. I'd quickly change the station I got so burnt out on him. Now in the 2020's, for some reason I invested the $132.00 price for the "Texas Flood" Mofi OneStep LP and it is one of my favorites. Go figure!

During the eighties, for me it seemed that our local FM radio station, and maybe the AM as well, used to play SR Vaughan every other song. I'd quickly change the station I got so burnt out on him. Now in the 2020's, for some reason I invested the $132.00 price for the "Texas Flood" Mofi OneStep LP and it is one of my favorites. Go figure!
Same here,
I hated Pride and Joy when it was a hit.
Wasn’t until I heard the title track of the second album that things sort of clicked.

Picture 1 of 2

ROD STEWART GASOLINE ALLEY [Universal/Stereo SHM SACD] Exquisite transfer
After first getting into Jeff Beck’s fusion era, it took me a long time to go back and warm up to Truth and Beck-Ola, and a bit longer before I started exploring Rod’s career with Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells a Story. Today, I have so much love and respect for those two Stewart albums, but Gasoline Alley is my favorite of the two.

After first getting into Jeff Beck’s fusion era, it took me a long time to go back and warm up to Truth and Beck-Ola, and a bit longer before I started exploring Rod’s career with Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells a Story. Today, I have so much love and respect for those two Stewart albums, but Gasoline Alley is my favorite of the two.
Both Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells A Story as remastered by Universal on Stereo SHM~SACD are veritable revelations. Blow away any CD remasterings you might have previously heard!

Both Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells A Story as remastered by Universal on Stereo SHM~SACD are veritable revelations. Blow away any CD remasterings you might have previously heard!
I heard but never owned the 2 Rod Stewart LPs or CDs. I do have the SACDs and find them to be fantastic. The sound is very raw and very real. I don't listen to them very often but when I do I am always blown away by the sound quality and that makes the music sound much better.

Back