Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please allow me to introduce myself;>) The Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet
54d09e0031ab84eaf2fb5960980850b6.jpg
:devilish:

Easily, one of my most cherished stereo SACD titles. This one is astonishing, in clarity, fidelity and superior stereo wideness. Just incredible!!!

View attachment 90317
Analogue Productions did an awesome job with those Beach Boy SACD remasters and I was able to get a slew of them when Acoustic Sounds blew them out one fine Christmas for 1/2 price!

Last edited:
I’ve been greatly tempted by this one.
How does it sound?
I’m always a bit wary of those HK SACDs because they seem to be a mixed bag.
Seems pretty good. I'm familiar with most of the songs, but have not owned this exact compilation before.
It's a GREAT compilation. Includes most of her hits and the sonics are stunning!

Best Price: Acoustic Sounds/Elusive Disc want $40

https://www.importcds.com/all-the-great-hits-hybrid-sacd/600753841228

View attachment 90331
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon

Owned this on Q8 back in the mid ‘70s but didn’t remember anything other than the hits. Nice album for sure. Sound is excellent, especially the tracks recorded at Muscle Shoals.
This release was a welcome comeback from the “Still CrazY” SACD, and while I think recording/production has a lot to account for the difference, it brought me hope that all future Simon titles will not all sound like “Still Crazy.”

Well done, sir. I should do the same. You are an inspiration. Will you be going mono then stereo, or did you stick to a certain number of channels?
Thanks. I went Stereo with all the MoFi releases, so no Mono for me. No reason in particular, but when I started my buying spree, that’s where I landed.

Not to turn this journey into a scientific endeavor, but I’ve made a decision to spend extra time with each album, not just listen to all of them in a few sittings. These days with so much music available, it’s too easy to listen to something once, then move one. Don’t want to do that here.

So I listened to the first album while doing nothing but sitting on the couch, with no one else at home and nothing pulling for my attention. No mobile device, doing other tasks at the computer, or reading something. Just listening to the music like I used to do as a kid.

The next couple of times I listen I’ll read the booklet that came with it, and I have a magazine that goes through each album. I also bought a book that goes into each song.

I’ll say this for listen #1 with album #1... I did not appreciate how good Dylan is (to me at least) as a guitar player. He makes some interesting chord choices, one was at the :33 mark (and other points) of Baby Let Me Follow You Down. It’s an odd chord for the progression to my ears (apparently it’s an Eb/g), but it works and gives it a neat twist. For me, that was one joy of giving an album my undivided attention which I’m not always doing these days.

Back