Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this one takes me back to those halcyon daze at Chicago's Green Mill
1593983859220.png

https://www.discogs.com/Patricia-Barber-Cafe-Blue/release/8477082https://www.allmusic.com/album/café-blue-mw0000658292

SHIPPING NOW: Joe Jackson's 80's Classic Body and Soul
Hybrid CD/SACD!
shadow1_lj_07.png
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
• Remastered to DSD by Kevin Gray at CoHEARent Audio
• Hybrid CD/SACD Plays On All CD and SACD Players
• Super Jewel Box Packaging
spacer.gif
"Daring in range, startling in craft, Body and Soul put to bed forever the idea that Joe Jackson was just another punk." -Something Else!

"... an impeccable release." -All Music

Click HERE to get your copy NOW!

Body and Soul is Joe Jackson's jazz-infused followup to his 1982 smash Night and Day. It features two of Joe's most cherished compositions, "You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)" and "Be My Number Two."
Body and Soul is a landmark recording as well, being an early digital recording captured on a 32-track 3M system in New York City's Masonic Lodge.
Body and Soul's original PCM digital files are remastered to DSD by Kevin Gray at CoHEARent Audio. The results are amazing! Body and Soul has never sounded so big and full-bodied. The reverberant space of the hall is beautifully drawn, and more three-dimensional and holographic than ever, and the band more dynamically explosive.
The Blue-Note-inspired album art is beautifully restored by IR's Tom Vadakan and housed in a super jewel box.

A4E65B93-69FD-4FAB-B12D-73C9057F70E4.jpeg

Great, great album
Compared the SACD layer to the original MoFi Gold Disc from ‘91
I’m leaning towards the SACD but it’s really close. The tapes back then were approximately 27 years younger, I’m thinking that helps the 24K version

I like most of the stuff put out by the current iteration of MFSL. I’m not crazy about this one though. It’s never going to be an audiophile recording, but this one just doesn’t sound quite right to me. I prefer the original CD or the original vinyl (although there are good and bad early cuts of the vinyl).

Finally received this Universal Music Hong Kong [Pressed in Japan] Stereo SACD and my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. If you LOVE the Blues......BUY IT!

ImportCD has the BEST PRICE [Amazon charges $43 and Elusive Disc $40]

https://www.importcds.com/still-got-the-blues-hybrid-sacd/600753905449

71AN212wCwL._SL1280_.jpg

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I put an order in to maybe elusive DISC a long while ago (they still show pre-order on their web page), I get the feeling it's not coming :unsure:

*- I may need to enact the GOS Duality Maneuver with another order to importcds, before this thing goes out of print :eek:

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I put an order in to maybe elusive DISC a long while ago (they still show pre-order on their web page), I get the feeling it's not coming :unsure:

*- I may need to enact the GOS Duality Maneuver with another order to importcds, before this thing goes out of print :eek:

For peace of mind and to save at least $10, check your pre~order with Elusive disc and CANCEL, then order from Import, JP!

There is something you should know about Elusive Disc...they aren't exactly current on their pre orders...this one was posted on their website in 2014...and the Pure Audio Blu Ray program was shut down several years ago...even Acoustic Sounds is more up to date then these folks..

Back