Quantcast

Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

newslane

QQ Supporter
Art Pepper/Gettin' Together is pretty impressive, and comes in a cool package, too. Yes, I was referring to T. Monk/It's Monk's Time, a MoFi release. These two are the high-water mark for me in terms of fidelity, and I was asking you how they would compare with the Coleman Hawkins SACD.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I do not have either of those titles (but I just ordered the Art-Pepper from an ebay seller :) - so a little later)
There are SACDs of the Art Pepper from Japan - Art Pepper - Gettin' Together! & Art Pepper - Gettin' Together!

But I didn't see any SACDs for (It's Monk Time)? - Thelonious Monk - It's Monk's Time
Art Pepper/Gettin' Together is pretty impressive, and comes in a cool package, too. Yes, I was referring to T. Monk/It's Monk's Time, a MoFi release. These two are the high-water mark for me in terms of fidelity, and I was asking you how they would compare with the Coleman Hawkins SACD.
All this talk has reminded me I have Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chacer as a stereo SACD! So long since I listened to it I can't remember it :oops:
TheloniousMonk_StraightNoChaser_Ft.jpg

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just not familiar with the Monk title, didn't see it in discogs for a MoFi release, is that rare now or am I just missing it?